Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-01-2015, 6:10 PM Reply   
I know there are lots of trades people on here including electricians, so I'm needing some advice.
My home is a 130-year-old Victorian that we are slowly renovating to be period appropriate to the extent this is feasible with select modern upgrades where they matter. As I upgrade my electrical a bit at a time, I've been installing those old-timey push button switches. They're hella cool but expensive at 20+ bucks each.

Can I use a 4-way switch wired simply as a 2-way?

Somebody just gave me for free a couple of the period appropriate switches, but they are 4-way switches. I have no need for 4-way switches, as all my lighting circuits require simple 2-way switching. It seems to me I should be able to use these 4-way switch wired simply as a two-way with a black hot line coming in from the panel and a switched hot line going out to the light fixture. Is this correct, or am I missing something here?

Thanks, much appreciated!
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-01-2015, 9:12 PM Reply   
Yes you can!
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       03-02-2015, 1:53 PM Reply   
Yip yip
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-03-2015, 10:35 PM Reply   
Thanks, guys.
It looks like there is no disagreement, so if that's the case then I'll go ahead with it!