Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    wakelvr            03-11-2004, 11:33 PM Reply   
Another great day on the delta last weekend, and man was it warm!! Thanks to Mark for taking us out in his fabulous X-Star, and thanks to the rest of the crew for a great day.

Here is a short video... Do you want a Pretzel?
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=10104

Old    jetgofish            03-12-2004, 8:33 AM Reply   
Stef, congrats on the wake to wakes those look great! Nice job on the video...Who's was attmepting the tantrum's? They are looking good and really close to landing them!! Rob, water temp = 56 degrees and you are trunkin it??? Wowwa, brave sole you are.

Great riding every one, looks like a great day on the water!
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-12-2004, 9:04 AM Reply   
Stef - Nice job on the vid. However, I'm a little disappointed...hehe. I figured with that combination in the crew that there would be much more interesting footage. That video was pretty tame. I bet tons of stuff hit the editing floor, huh???

Go Kickboxer Smalley! Nice Tantrum attempts!
Old    wakelvr            03-12-2004, 10:31 AM Reply   
Teri, thanks. Rob has guts, I will tell you that! The water is still ccooollllddd!!

Christie: I'm still trying to recover my image from the last video. haha, you know us too well. You can see the full version in a private viewing!
Old    mango_wake            03-12-2004, 10:46 AM Reply   
this is a very funny video with nice wipeouts attempting to go BIG. I love it when you spray your friend going side by side.
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-12-2004, 10:57 AM Reply   
Thanks for the video Stef. I had a great time last weekend. I'm really bumming that I can't ride with you tomorrow, but I'll be out on the water Sunday in my boat. Any chance you'll be out both days?

I must have been a lttle toasted after Union Point to have jumped in that water with only my shorts on. The expression on my face when I popped back up is hilarious.

Riding doubles with Ja was a lot of fun. Hopefully he'll ride with me again after all of the abuse I gave him.

As for the film on the editing room floor, I'd prefer that some of the shots of me standing on the back of the boat don't ever make it to the internet. Thanks.
Old    eyesman            03-12-2004, 4:27 PM Reply   
those tantrum attempts cost me a cracked femur. i compressed at an extreme angle due to the force of the boat pull, on a landing that was being stuck. my femur wanted to shoot out my ass but couldn't. as a result i have been limping ever since, x-rayed, and put on a lot of drugs that make me see cool things even when my eyes are closed does anyone have a full body armor suit that i could wear. this sport is not treating me well
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-12-2004, 4:39 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear about your hip Dave. How long do you expect this injury to sideline you for? Hopefully you'll have a speedy recovery.

In the meantime, any chance of me borrowing your new helmet? After seeing myself in the video wearing it, I think it looks pretty cool!!!
Old    eyesman            03-12-2004, 4:53 PM Reply   
Go figure. Trying to protect the ol noggin and my hip gets hurt. Looks like the rest of March is a no go. I will be able to get on the water starting in April but perhaps practicing surface tricks only for that month. On the helmet, I am sorry to say that it is checked out. After the video was released, I got several e-mails asking to use it. There is a waiting list of 7 people right now and I am renting it for $10 a day. I will put you on the list ok.
Old     (speedy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-12-2004, 7:25 PM Reply   
Hey Dave, Thats what happens when you get to the second chapter of your life, hip replacements and a walker. Just make sure you are drinking enough Ensure, I visit you in the nursing home. You missed a great day on Thursday. Butter all day.
Old    wakelvr            03-12-2004, 8:18 PM Reply   
Oh man Dave, we are sorry to hear about your injury. We knew you felt bad afterwards, but didn't realize how bad. We hope you feel better soon!

Rob, Ja said he will ride doubles with you again, but this time you get the longer rope:-) haha!