Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       04-07-2013, 5:50 AM Reply   
I picked up my new trailer Friday. I went pretty much stock because I think the boat has a pretty classic look to it. The only upgrades are transom steps (which come with upgraded LED), Boat Buddy, 2,200lbs capacity tires, and retractable transom straps. I'm pleased with the way it turned out.
OLD:

WAITING:

POLISHING:

NEW:

Now it's time to put it to use!
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-07-2013, 6:10 AM Reply   
Looks nice!
Old     (rickB52)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-07-2013, 7:10 AM Reply   
looks great... still want to know how you got it on the trailer from the garage???

also - want brand of power trailer hauler you using?

thanks
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       04-07-2013, 7:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickB52 View Post
looks great... still want to know how you got it on the trailer from the garage???

also - want brand of power trailer hauler you using?

thanks
Powermoverinc.net it's been a lifesaver for getting the boat in and out.

3 ton floor jack. It's just a slow, repetitive process of lifting boat, building supports, moving trailer (a few inches at a time). Also, by lowering the tongue of the trailer you raise the rear of the boat. That allows you to build your rear supports so when you raise the trailer tongue, the boat transfers to the supports. The trick is negotiating around all the trailer cross members.

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-07-2013, 8:20 AM Reply   
Looks great but it sounds like a real pain in the ass getting that off and on the trailer.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-07-2013, 8:21 AM Reply   
New trailer looks great!
Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-07-2013, 6:55 PM Reply   
Absolutely Gorgeous boat and trailer! Such a big difference!

Boatmate makes the sickest trailers IMO, I love mine
Old     (rickB52)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-07-2013, 8:05 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=phat_in_cincy;1815526]Powermoverinc.net it's been a lifesaver for getting the boat in and out.

3 ton floor jack. It's just a slow, repetitive process of lifting boat, building supports, moving trailer (a few inches at a time). Also, by lowering the tongue of the trailer you raise the rear of the boat. That allows you to build your rear supports so when you raise the trailer tongue, the boat transfers to the supports. The trick is negotiating around all the trailer cross members.

patience patience patience....

very cool
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-08-2013, 6:17 AM Reply   
Looks great. Can't beat a Boatmate Trailer. Nice improvement.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-08-2013, 7:21 AM Reply   
So nice. It looks much better on that trailer than the single axle. I think that is the best and classiest looking boat on wakeworld. Adam's old 2006 X2 that is all white is another favorite.

Your boat looks like it should have a teak flagpole with an American flag on the transom.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       04-08-2013, 4:51 PM Reply   
Thanks for the compliments! I'm really pleased with the way it looks. It makes me want to hook it up and just pull it anywhere. lol

I did add some MC decals to it tonight. I wasn't sure if I was going to but the wife voted yes. lol

Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-08-2013, 5:26 PM Reply   
What's the going rate for a trailer like that?
Old     (MrPeepers)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-09-2013, 7:36 AM Reply   
Damn, that is a nice looking setup!
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-09-2013, 9:52 AM Reply   
Yeah, what was the final price? Inquiring minds want to know...
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       04-09-2013, 11:34 AM Reply   
Final pricing is determined BW you and the local dealer/rep, but a new, customized trailer will cost you. I shopped 3 brands...BoatMate, Eagle, and Phoenix (former owner of Eagle I was told). EZ Loader did not have my bottom pattern. All quotes were within a couple hundred dollars of each other but BoatMate came with more features.

While final cost and features where big factors, the added safety of a tandem was the major driver of this decision. Therefore, the trigger was going to be pulled on the new trailer unless it was going to be over $6k. ;-)
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-10-2013, 7:35 AM Reply   
nice phat! hope all is well.
Old     (Brendon444)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-10-2013, 4:37 PM Reply   
Any story with this boat? I had to look if mastercraft started making this boat again in 2012 looks absolutely mint for 2004!!!!
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       04-11-2013, 12:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendon444 View Post
Any story with this boat? I had to look if mastercraft started making this boat again in 2012 looks absolutely mint for 2004!!!!
Not really, except the boat was pretty much a bone stock 205V (no tower, no ballast, no PP, etc...) when I bought her. Other than dealer installing tower and PP, I've built her up to what she is today.

Most of my DIYs were documented on wakesiderides before the site went down (now they are a bit more spread out over sites). Based on feedback and inquiries, some of the DIYs have been helpful to others...which I'm glad I could help.

The 205V was a big leap of faith by my wife since we traded in a fairly heavily blinged-out (for the time) '02 X10. She's glad she took the leap!

From this:

To this:

And finally this (old pic):
Old     (mikebu)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-11-2013, 4:10 PM Reply   
Nice boat and Trailer. Do you like the Boat Buddy? I had one and ended taking it off and replacing with a roller thingy. I could never drive it on the trailer and have the boat buddy click consistently. I'm also not sure if I would trust the Boat Buddy to be the only thing keeping the boat on the trailer pulling out of the water...
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       04-11-2013, 5:20 PM Reply   
The Boat Buddy is mainly so that the wife does not have to get out of the truck. So I drive on, click in, and we pull out. Fast and easy. We also use the winch strap, so we're double locked.

I mistakenly ordered the BoatMate trailer with an additional bow strap, so have 3 clip-ins!
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-11-2013, 8:14 PM Reply   
Looking fresh as always Paul! Nothing better than a fresh trailer to make a boat look good. I'm sure no one would argue that is the best looking 205V ever made. Have a great summer!

PS. You ever thought about tinting the windows? I'm a sucker for window tint and it would look great on your boat.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       04-12-2013, 8:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakecumberland View Post
Have a great summer!

PS. You ever thought about tinting the windows? I'm a sucker for window tint and it would look great on your boat.
Thanks! You too!

(Tint) Yes...I have an image file and even bought the tint and had it quoted. I just never took he next step and not sure I will. For me, it's just a matter of compromising function for style.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       05-27-2013, 5:30 PM Reply   
I had the first real test with the new trailer this weekend. Cincy to Norris, round trip. Such a big improvement and ease of mind...