Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Website Feedback, Suggestions, Problems, Etc.

Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-26-2010, 12:07 PM Reply   
Per the thread in the non-wakeboarding section about mortgages, but paul and myself can't send pms. When we try, the person's profile comes up, and that's it.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-26-2010, 1:29 PM Reply   
I am having the same problem, same thing happens when I try to 'add as friend' someone. Basically it brings me to login screen over and over but I am already logged in and have NO problems with posting in forums. XPsp2 chrome

Last edited by wakemikey; 08-26-2010 at 1:29 PM. Reason: dwadaw
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-26-2010, 6:25 PM Reply   
Brett, do you happen to be using Chrome as well? Do you guys have the same problems when using Firefox and/or IE?
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-26-2010, 8:40 PM Reply   
Yeah, I was using Chrome. I just now tried it in Firefox after logging in, and it does the same thing. When I click on someone's login name and click the 'send a private message to...', it just brings up there profile.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-26-2010, 10:01 PM Reply   
Try this oldie, but goodie. In Chrome, go to the front page and click the log out button. Once you're logged out, go to the Chrome Tools menu (little wrench icon) and choose 'Options.' Go to the 'Under the Hood' tab and click on the 'Clear browsing data...' button. Make sure the 'Empty the cache' item is checked and then click the 'Clear browsing data' button. Restart your browser, log in and try again. If that works, do the same in Firefox. Let me know how it goes.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-27-2010, 2:23 PM Reply   
I actually tried sending PMs from a couple different computers and got the same thing. Anyway, I just did what you said with Chrome and clearing out everything, and now the PMs do work. Initially, the person's profile pops up, but then I can get a 2nd box that pops up for PMs. Also, for the 1st time I saw some old messages I had. These did not show before. They were just spam, anyway.

Any idea what causes this? As I said it happened to me on a couple different computers and seems to happen to some others as well. Is it a glitch of some sort you can get fixed?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-27-2010, 3:36 PM Reply   
It's a glitch that has been fixed, but because it can hang around in the cache, it will continue to be a problem for some that have not cleaned out their cache.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       04-29-2011, 7:08 AM Reply   
I am having an issue with my PMs right now. No matter who I try to PM I get an error saying I have reached my PM limit for that day. Doesn't matter that I haven't sent a single PM that day I always get the message. I have tried logging out and back in. I have also tried clearing my cache. Doesn't matter what I do I can't send a new PM. However if I am in a PM conversation with someone I can easily PM back and forth with that person. Any idea what is going on Dave?