Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       06-20-2006, 8:10 PM Reply   
I thought I saw somewhere... maybe last summer about wiring up the back of an old clarion xmd-1 to accept an ipod as an aux input... Can anyone tell me how to do this quickly and easily as I cannot seem to find the thread through the search engine...
Thanks
Duane
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-20-2006, 8:27 PM Reply   
rca audio cable to the back on the hu, 4.99 at bestbuy
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-20-2006, 8:31 PM Reply   
There are no inputs on a xmd-1. I am using a EQ/ Line Driver to run mine. Works great!
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       06-20-2006, 8:33 PM Reply   
I meant to say XMD-2... but its probably the same as there are no aux input jacks I dont think... how do I do the EQ/line driver...?
Old     (airagain)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-20-2006, 9:28 PM Reply   
I did this on my x7. Search the Planet Nautique site. That is where I found the schematic.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       06-20-2006, 9:36 PM Reply   
can this be done with an XMD-2? that is the schematic I was looking for though...
Thanks!
Old     (walknbos)      Join Date: May 2005       06-21-2006, 8:10 AM Reply   
Duane: This looks like what you need

http://www.planetnautique.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1696

After some research, I couldn't believe that it was impossible to set up an input on the XMD1. I found a schematic and provided the information necessary to make it work. We have been using it since June, and it works like a champ! I will attempt to walk you through the setup as I have done it, and hopefully you can be enjoying lots of tunes...

First off, you will be interfacing to the CD Changer port. This is a goofy 13 PIN DIN, and these connectors are semi-difficult to track down. You can get one for 4.99 plus shipping from:
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/parts/dinconn.html

Then you need to get out your soldering iron, hehe, and follow the schematic... I will try to tell you how this works if you aren't familiar with schematics...

Here is the schematic:

There are lots of ways to go about this, but I picked up a female headphone plug and matched up the tip pin (Right Positive) with Pin 8 on the 13 PIN plug, matched up the inner pin (Left Positive) with Pin 7 on the 13 PIN plug, and then matched up the innner-most pin (Ground) with Pin 6 on the big plug.

Then you need to wire up a simple switch (Single Pole Single Throw) to connect Pins 9 and 5 together. For the switch and the female headphone plug, just hit up your local radio shack and they should help you find what you need.

When you throw the switch on, it forces the head-unit into Accessory mode, and it should display ACCS.

You should now have auxiliary audio input through the new connector. YAY! I don't have to buy a new deck after all!!!

Enjoy!Upload