Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    ktw            03-17-2003, 5:01 PM Reply   
Hey, my name is Katie and I will be moving to the Detroit suburbs in mid may. I wanted to find out about some local dealerships in the area to get a boat from and have it serviced at. I am looking for a mid to high end wakeboarding boat. I want to find out who will take care of me and who I should stay away from. Any help would be appreciated. Any help on local area lakes to ride on would be good too.
Old    trigx5            03-17-2003, 5:20 PM Reply   
I haven't lived in MI for about 6 years now but I do know a guy that works at watersports marine in waterford, mi....about 20 minutes from west bloomfield. Email me if you want his name and are interested in a mastercraft. The last I knew they were one of the largest mastercraft dealerships in the USA. There are tons of lakes in mi you'll be in heaven!!!http://watersportsmarine.mastercraft.com/
Old    trigx5            03-17-2003, 5:22 PM Reply   
Katie,
sorry, two links http://watersportsmarine.com
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-17-2003, 5:53 PM Reply   
What brand of boat are you looking for? I will point you in a good direction. Where a you going to be living?
Old    dholio            03-17-2003, 6:31 PM Reply   
If you want top notch service with a top notch dealer and a top notch boat, visit Silver Spray Sports in Fenton. They sell Nautiques there. Their web address is www.silverspraysports.com
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-17-2003, 7:37 PM Reply   
From West Bloomfield, it's about 8 miles west on 15 Mile Road to Walled Lake, I've heard that there is an inboard dealer on or near Walled Lake. Don't know the name or line they carry, but someone else may respond. Incidentally, it's called Walled Lake because two battling Indian (Sorry, Native American) tribes of redskinned savages (shut up I am one) built a wall across the lake, remnants of it are still there. I'm sure all lakes in SE lower Mich are crowded, they were 15 yrs ago when I lived there. Waterford is 20 min north, Fenton is 1 hour north. Mich sucks in winter but is most awesome in the summer. Tow your boat up to Torch Lake near Charlevoix, unbelievable. 350 ft deep and ccold! Beautiful.
Old     (obriengotwake)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-18-2003, 6:19 AM Reply   
u can look at club royale (Moomba, supra), watersportsmarine (MC), silver spray (CC), twc (tige) and i got some that are a couple hrs away. Devils Lake marine (MC), action water (MC) sports If u need numbers or contact i will be gald to give them to u, if u have an idea what u are lookin for i can tell u who to talk to.
Old    dholio            03-18-2003, 7:57 AM Reply   
TWC is not carrying Tige any more.
Old    schoonie            03-18-2003, 9:26 AM Reply   
I have a Mastercraft I bought from Watersports Marine (Waterford and Fenton locations) and I have been very pleased with their service and support.
Old    ktw            03-18-2003, 9:02 PM Reply   
Thanks for the information guys. Any places I should avoid. To answer the above question, I am leaning toward a (1) Supra, (2)Nautique, or a (3)Malibu. Does anyone know about the local dealers and could give me some info on them. Trying to find out where the best places are to get service work done and who is going to take care of me as a customer. I've had some problems in the past getting my boat worked on. Thanks
Old    dholio            03-18-2003, 10:57 PM Reply   
I know that Silver Spray will back you on everything and they do high quality work. I have owned a couple of boats from them and never had problems with them. The work i request has been done right away and I never have to go back becuase it wasn't done right the first time. I have heard that Malibu has issues with getting warranty work done. I did see that Silver Spray has a 2002 Supra on there used boat list. Kind of weird but who knows what the story is there. Not sure what the scoop is with the supra dealer.
Old     (obriengotwake)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-19-2003, 6:07 AM Reply   
kinda off subject but do you guys think its twice as hard to find a good used boat around here or am i just looking in the wrong places. I just cant seem to find what i am looking for.
Old    bcw            03-19-2003, 9:16 AM Reply   
Hey Katie,
Club Royale is the local area Supra and Moomba dealer. I work for the company and can tell you we strive to get our customers back on the water as fast as possible. We offer a full service marina and dealership. If there is anything I can do for you please email me. Good luck with your search.

Brett

Old    mcmaster1180            03-19-2003, 12:18 PM Reply   
katie i bought a supra ssv from club royale and had a ballast pump go bad and they had it fixed in a few dayz. I know its not a major problem but they were quick about it. I love the supra boat 2.
Old    dholio            03-19-2003, 12:23 PM Reply   
Greg what are you looking for? I can probably help you.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-19-2003, 4:40 PM Reply   
Katie, you can't go wrong with any of those three boats you mentioned, those three manufacturers won't tolerate crappy dealers.
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-19-2003, 6:14 PM Reply   
TWC still carries Tige
Old    gotpwr            03-20-2003, 7:44 PM Reply   
www.skierspier.com is the Malibu dealer near West Bloomfield. I lived in Lake Orion, MI for 5 1/2 years before moving back to KY a little over 3 years ago. I bought my '00 Air Nautique from Silver Spray Sports and can't say enough good things about them.
Old    nautique            04-08-2003, 5:18 AM Reply   
I have also had good luck with Silver Spray Sports in Fenton. Super nice people there.
Old    ridinhigh            04-08-2003, 11:44 AM Reply   
I can't say enough good things about Silver Spray Sports. Excellent service department. I drive 4 hours to have them service my boat.

Stay away from Ski Sensations out of Brooklyn, MI. I'm not sure what they sell anymore but I bought my first CC from them and it was an awful experience. Salesman was an a$$ and the service was terrible. My boat sat in their lot for 4 out of the first 6 months I owned the boat.
Old     (launch_sl)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-22-2003, 6:28 PM Reply   
Katie, hi I live in west bloomfield on middle strits lake belong to the ski wakeboard club on the lake. Have owned two Supras, presently a 2002 Launch Sl put 150 hrs on it last year with no problems. Talk to Rob the owner at Club Royal, they treat me just great.Email me if you want to ride or have any questions,have been out twice this year cant wait for it to warm up. lcarnacchi@netscape.net
Old    ajjdrew55            04-22-2003, 10:00 PM Reply   
Katie

If you are looking to buy a boat wherever you purchase it that dealer is pretty much the only place to get it serviced.You just don't normally take a boat to a dealer that does not sell that brand boat. If you did you must likely won't get good sevice.

As far as dealers go I bought a 02 SSV from Rob at Club Royale. All my dealings with them went smooth but I was very unhappy with the boat itself, quality and craftmanship mostly. In turn I traded it in on 03 SAN from Silver Spray and everything over there has been exactly what they said it would be, but have not picked it up yet.
You should not have to much trouble finding a boat or getting it serviced. Whatever you decide most of the dealers around here are pretty good all around.

Good Luck hope you find what you need.
Old     (lily12smi)      Join Date: May 2013       05-01-2013, 11:29 PM Reply   
HI Katie, the post is very old but i want to know which service you took for midnight boat. Because i would also like to go in this summer.

West Bloomfield Town Locksmith