Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (imoore)      Join Date: Oct 2010       10-28-2017, 8:01 AM Reply   

This goose lives on the lake of Lake Oswego, Oregon. She has been living with her rescuer since she was very young. As she got bigger, she learned her love for wakeboard boats. If you ever make it out to the lake there is a good chance you will find her flying next to her Axis Wake boat.

For more information about Kyle follow her on Instagram: @kylethegoose
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       10-28-2017, 5:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by imoore View Post

This goose lives on the lake of Lake Oswego, Oregon. She has been living with her rescuer since she was very young. As she got bigger, she learned her love for wakeboard boats. If you ever make it out to the lake there is a good chance you will find her flying next to her Axis Wake boat.

For more information about Kyle follow her on Instagram: @kylethegoose
Lol so just because you got a pet goose you get a sponsorship with axis meanwhile tons of pros dont even get a boat sponsor (take david ocaoimh for example he was riding for years without a boat sponsor and his level of riding is next to none and he only recently got hit up by centurion) no offense but theres nothing cool about a goose that flies next to a boat.
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-01-2017, 8:09 AM Reply   
Where did you see or hear anything about him being sponsored by Axis? He used the video to praise the dealership for good customer service helping him purchase the right boat for his needs.

Great video.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-01-2017, 10:16 AM Reply   
Because he reps axis and active water sports in every post on Insta rest assured he got a great "deal" by his dealership in exchange for mentioning them in almost every post.So guys if you have a pet goose don't hesitate to contact AWS they have a great deal waiting for you lmao you can't make this stuff up I tell you. BTW EVERY park in Portland is knee deep in goose crap and there's is nothing you can do they just keep reproducing by the thousands every year like ants you have to wear knee high boots if you want to go out here it's annoying AF. There is a guy that boats with dolphins in the Turks and that's somewhat entertaining but a goose give me a break. And axis is the equivalent of a bayliner in inboards piece of overpriced garbage used to be budget boats now they are almost more than a malibu lmao.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       11-01-2017, 10:27 AM Reply   
Triggered much? 🤣
Or you just hate geese. Which I can relate to!
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       11-01-2017, 11:10 AM Reply   
I put 5 bucks down that wakeslash has a MC (most likely with a loan) and hobbies include watching himself flex in the mirror. If a guy can get a couple bucks off for having a pet goose more power to him! Heck I wish I would have thought of it!
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-01-2017, 11:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Mastercraf_X5 View Post
I put 5 bucks down that wakeslash has a MC (most likely with a loan) and hobbies include watching himself flex in the mirror. If a guy can get a couple bucks off for having a pet goose more power to him! Heck I wish I would have thought of it!
Nope not a Mastercraft and I don't buy toys with a loan anybody with 2 brain cells to rub together knows that what a tool.
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       11-01-2017, 11:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeslash View Post
Nope not a Mastercraft and I don't buy toys with a loan anybody with 2 brain cells to rub together knows that what a tool.
I would agree that David O should have received a sponsorship, but he does most of his riding out side of the US. How many sponsored riders have boats shipped outside of the US (excluding Harley)?

I assume your silence on hobbies comment means it is true! jk
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-01-2017, 12:02 PM Reply   
Lol I don't flex in the mirror but I did hit 405 for a triple deadlifting couple days ago so I'm happy about that lol.Im more for powerlifting don't care how I look I care about how heavy I can lift

Last edited by wakeslash; 11-01-2017 at 12:11 PM.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       11-01-2017, 12:42 PM Reply   
Wow we have some good stuff here! My first experience with a deadlift triple on a boating forum.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-01-2017, 1:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
Wow we have some good stuff here! My first experience with a deadlift triple on a boating forum.
Deadlifted triple = deadlifted 3 times thought it was pretty self intuitive lol.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-01-2017, 1:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Hmm first time you hear about fitness on a wakeboard forum interesting most people need to workout to be able to wakeboard well but to each their own I guess (BTW if you follow pros on Insta like rusty he was squatting around 500 pounds crazy)
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       11-01-2017, 12:52 PM Reply   
Word on the street is this isn't wakeslash first lash out at waterfowl...

https://bossip.com/1376704/florida-c...n-in-the-face/

Last edited by TC_Mastercraf_X5; 11-01-2017 at 12:54 PM. Reason: added url
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-01-2017, 1:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Word on the street is this isn't wakeslash first lash out at waterfowl...

https://bossip.com/1376704/florida-c...n-in-the-face/
No I'm good with swans there pretty cool I'm not a fan of geese
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       11-01-2017, 3:15 PM Reply   
I do know what a deadlift triple is there, guy! I do exercise regularly, so I am familiar. Shockingly.

As for hearing about weightlifting on a thread where you’re choosing to inaccurately berate a guy with a goose about his sponsored boat—I am just saying that is something I didn’t see coming!

It’s all good man, we get it. You hate geese and you’re strong AF. Oh and you hate Axis because they’re cheap and suck (neither is true), and you’re a wizard with finances because you don’t have a boat loan.

We can call this thread “Life Lessons with Wakeslash.”
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-01-2017, 3:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
I do know what a deadlift triple is there, guy! I do exercise regularly, so I am familiar. Shockingly.

As for hearing about weightlifting on a thread where you’re choosing to inaccurately berate a guy with a goose about his sponsored boat—I am just saying that is something I didn’t see coming!

It’s all good man, we get it. You hate geese and you’re strong AF. Oh and you hate Axis because they’re cheap and suck (neither is true), and you’re a wizard with finances because you don’t have a boat loan.

We can call this thread “Life Lessons with Wakeslash.”
Tyler brought the weights up it wasn't aimed at you man. Yeah i would rather have a paid for a kayak with cash and can call it my own rather then taking out 100k plus for a new boat and being in that much in debt its mind boggling that people take out 100k plus loan for a toy that you don't need without giving it a second thought. As for axis the prices are not funny anymore i mean soon axis will be more than a Pavati imo its mad crazy especially with so many people having reliability problems after reading the forums on here and the malibucrew and what not i mean all boats have them but axis has seemingly a lot of them.

Yeah whatever works for you if you feel like you need to take out a loan for a boat then more power for you but imo thats crazy but its cool since most people need a g23 with 5k ballast to make progress on there wakeboarding skills (sarcasm)
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-01-2017, 3:53 PM Reply   
As far as David O goes the guys riding skills are insane i could watch him ride all day the way he flips out of his blind landing is sick dont get me wrong pros like Clifford,Dowdy,Steel, etc are insanely good and hats off to them but before i get threats on here IMO Davids riding style is just really unique/cool theres not much people riding like him.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       11-01-2017, 4:47 PM Reply   
I don’t have a loan man, but lots of good people do.
Old     (hypripper)      Join Date: May 2002       11-01-2017, 4:56 PM Reply   
Is this where people start posting pictures of all their pink slips?
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-01-2017, 5:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypripper View Post
Is this where people start posting pictures of all their pink slips?
um okay.........wrong thread i guess?
Old     (hypripper)      Join Date: May 2002       11-01-2017, 5:12 PM Reply   
You'd have to remember Lon i guess
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-01-2017, 5:13 PM Reply   
I think you guys are a little confused the reason it got me mad is that some people put there body on the line doing pro wakeboarding trying to get a sponsorship and won't get one (i'm not saying everyone will get one but who deserves a deal more with a boat company a guy who doesn't wakeboard just surfs with a drink and has a goose flapping around his boat sometimes or a pro wakeboarder???) theres so many examples to give but take Scott Stewart for example he goes HUGE and doesn't have a boat sponsor as far as i know (he has something with TBS i think) but nowadays its how well you stand out from everyone else meaning you want a wakeboard boat deal ? get a goose to flap around next to you and you don't even have to mess your body up trying to get to the pro level pretty neat eh? Incredible to what we came to now.

So do you guys think if i get a pet hawk to fly by me when i snowboard i will be sponsored by Burton snowboards ? and Travis Rice will get put on the shelf lol.

BTW this was from 2014 but the goose problem in Portland is bad were spending crap loads of money just trying to keep the parks open to the public.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...order_col.html

Last edited by wakeslash; 11-01-2017 at 5:18 PM.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       11-01-2017, 6:00 PM Reply   
I think you also might be confused about why boat companies sponsor riders—to sell boats. To advertise, to get the name out there. So it’s really up to them to decide who gets the boats for cheap.

Boat sponsorships aren’t necessarily a reward for busting your ass to be super good. Technically.

Additionally, who says this guy has a sponsorship? Looks like AWS Just hooked him up somehow?

If you get that hawk, I bet Burton would latch on. That would be an awesome PR story to tell.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-01-2017, 6:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
I think you also might be confused about why boat companies sponsor riders—to sell boats. To advertise, to get the name out there. So it’s really up to them to decide who gets the boats for cheap.

Boat sponsorships aren’t necessarily a reward for busting your ass to be super good. Technically.

Hmm so if a someone scrolls through instagram and sees a goose flapping around a axis boat they will think " i want a axis theres a goose flying next to it ill go get that 100k loan right now" as opposed to seeing a double indy from Harley. Quite interesting Dakota never thought about it that way brilliant.

Did it ever occur to you that a goose could fly next to a bayliner or a fishing boat doesnt have to be a Axis so their sponsorship went to waste. But a pro could claim that the wake of an Axis is the reason they got the trick they did you see what im saying?

Last edited by wakeslash; 11-01-2017 at 6:12 PM.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       11-01-2017, 6:59 PM Reply   
Man. I agree with you. But not everyone thinks like you—shock, I know. That’s the crux of this debate. Axis probably didn’t sponsor him anyway, but AWS may have. But even at that, who flipping gives a rip Holmes? It’s their decision, their money, and bellyaching about it makes no sense. There’s no proof the goose took a sponsorship away from any rider. No proof. So your anger is based on loose speculation, and is triggering you without any facts. All on something that is their decision anyway?

And yes, a goose flying next to a boat is going to generate clicks. You watched it, didn’t you?! LOL!! Then a person might see the boat, like it, and look further. Or it may remind them, who was about to buy a Moomba, to take another look at Axis. Who knows? The click is the gold. Another ho hum sick pro rider video doing tricks 99% of us will never land will just blend in with every other video like it.

You see? The click is the gold here. Even you, the incredibly strong fiscally responsible goose/Axis hater clicked on it.

Irony?
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-01-2017, 7:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Man. I agree with you. But not everyone thinks like you—shock, I know. That’s the crux of this debate. Axis probably didn’t sponsor him anyway, but AWS may have. But even at that, who flipping gives a rip Holmes? It’s their decision, their money, and bellyaching about it makes no sense. There’s no proof the goose took a sponsorship away from any rider. No proof. So your anger is based on loose speculation, and is triggering you without any facts. All on something that is their decision anyway?

And yes, a goose flying next to a boat is going to generate clicks. You watched it, didn’t you?! LOL!! Then a person might see the boat, like it, and look further. Or it may remind them, who was about to buy a Moomba, to take another look at Axis. Who knows? The click is the gold. Another ho hum sick pro rider video doing tricks 99% of us will never land will just blend in with every other video like it.

You see? The click is the gold here. Even you, the incredibly strong fiscally responsible goose/Axis hater clicked on it.

Irony?
No irony i follow axis on insta and i just saw this thread about the stupid goose and i clicked on it to put my 2 cents in lol. I mean they probably have a limit of how much sponsorships they do so they could have taken away one from a rider technically but who knows.
goose/axis hater hahahaha thats gold man
No bellyaching here just a good discussion.

Last edited by wakeslash; 11-01-2017 at 7:09 PM.
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       11-01-2017, 8:24 PM Reply   
I agree goose/axis hater does need to blow off some steam and I hope my paid in full boat/any goose he may squash are not in his war path. Hopefully he hits the gym tomorrow and not the forums ha all in good fun please dont power shrug/dead lift/hang cling me off a cliff or anything plx and thx!

Does our goose/axis hater friend own a kayak even?

110% agree with dakota4ce that I will remember that goose video long after another pro riders 115th video. Gets clicks and is something different/memorable/gets people talking aka marketing gold!
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       11-01-2017, 8:26 PM Reply   
Ya think the goose can be trained to fly over and drop a poop on a power turner or maybe a surfer? Or just maybe, just land one on a pro that just can't get a sponsorship, thereby proving that sometimes life just doesn't go your way. Just kidding...

Last edited by scottb7; 11-01-2017 at 8:29 PM.
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       11-01-2017, 8:43 PM Reply   
Also, based on the premise of "people put there body on the line" we should revoke all sponsored surfers who get a wake boat as they are also stealing from the pool of sponsorship.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-01-2017, 9:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Also, based on the premise of "people put there body on the line" we should revoke all sponsored surfers who get a wake boat as they are also stealing from the pool of sponsorship.
Please dont get me started on wakesurfers it would take to long to debate.
"Based on the premise of " damn we got some lawyers up in here lmaooooo.

Last edited by wakeslash; 11-01-2017 at 9:18 PM.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       11-01-2017, 9:30 PM Reply   
My kids are technically sponsored-I bought them a boat and they didn’t pay squat for it! They’re not even very good!

Or, I should have instead bought the SE for a pro wakeboarder who is on the cusp, or even the next best rider that was cucked by this stupid goose “Kyle!” I wasted my sponsorship money!

I feel stupid.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-01-2017, 9:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
My kids are technically sponsored-I bought them a boat and they didn’t pay squat for it! They’re not even very good!

Or, I should have instead bought the SE for a pro wakeboarder who is on the cusp, or even the next best rider that was cucked by this stupid goose “Kyle!” I wasted my sponsorship money!

I feel stupid.
LOL okay................

What comes to everyones mind when a Axis pulls up to the boat ramp

Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       11-02-2017, 5:54 AM Reply   
Quote:

I feel stupid.
LOL. Good one!
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       11-02-2017, 6:42 AM Reply   
I think this is how the bitterness began...
Attached Images

Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-02-2017, 10:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc_mastercraf_x5 View Post
i think this is how the bitterness began...
lol
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       11-03-2017, 11:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeslash View Post
lol

Love a good hate and rage Wakeworld thread ! Literally hit them all on this one Mastercraft Bros , bench press , pink slips and wakesurfing rage. With that said I think you’ve completely missed what Kyle is all about and promoting. And that’s getting people on the water who might not have that opportunity without a boat. I know previous to the Axis he owned a Malibu so doesn’t seem like to far of a stretch to stay within the same company and dealer. Lake Oswego has lots of rules on boat size and weight so it would seem the AXIS was a good fit.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-02-2017, 12:21 PM Reply   
Tyler has way to much time on his hands lol.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-02-2017, 8:43 PM Reply   
RIP thread it was good while it lasted.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-03-2017, 1:42 PM Reply   

Dear AXIS, Please find some 4 year olds from kindergarten to build your boat dashes for you because nobody is gonna pay 70k+ for a 10 dollar piece of black plastic that you slapped on the dash. Sincerely, every single person in the world Thanks.

And for the person that says it look good you know your lying to yourself haha trying to convince yourself that it looks good.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       11-04-2017, 5:20 AM Reply   
Now timeout Slash. You did bring up weightlifting. Someone said you like to flex in mirrors and your response was for some reason that you hit a 405 deadlift triple. I️f I️ recall.

Also, 4 year olds typically aren’t in kindergarten yet. Oh, and the “R” word is kind of off limits anymore.

Glad to see your triggered self back and spittin’ though! I️ missed you!

PS: I️ don’t like their dashes either.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-04-2017, 6:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Now timeout Slash. You did bring up weightlifting. Someone said you like to flex in mirrors and your response was for some reason that you hit a 405 deadlift triple. I️f I️ recall.

Also, 4 year olds typically aren’t in kindergarten yet. Oh, and the “R” word is kind of off limits anymore.

Welp we can agree on one thing then lol.
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       11-05-2017, 12:41 PM Reply   
Quote:

I would strongly with lets not drop the “R” word as that's not really necessary/cool.

Additionally, I didn't realize slash made the official rules on when you and cant respond to forums.

DOES SLASH EVEN OWN A BOAT??? He continues to bad mouth Axis/MC, but there is no evidence to support he does. Kind of like someone talking mad crap about corvettes as they sit on the curb watching them go by...

Dont get me started on him giving financial advice LOL
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-05-2017, 1:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
I would strongly with lets not drop the “R” word as that's not really necessary/cool.

Additionally, I didn't realize slash made the official rules on when you and cant respond to forums.

DOES SLASH EVEN OWN A BOAT??? He continues to bad mouth Axis/MC, but there is no evidence to support he does. Kind of like someone talking mad crap about corvettes as they sit on the curb watching them go by...

Dont get me started on him giving financial advice LOL
My bad didnt see mastercraft in your name.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-05-2017, 1:08 PM Reply   
YOOOO we got this thread to almost a thousand views let's gooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-05-2017, 2:07 PM Reply   
BTW mastercraft is a good brand and all but IMO they are kinda going down the drain imo again (stop getting triggered its not funny anymore) they came out with the new xstar in hopes of getting back in the boat game because recently nobody really took them seriously with boats like the g23/25 and the m235 aswell as the new supra's etc i remember like a year ago they were promoting a 28 or 26 footer with a head(bathroom and changing place) on the boat and its like you guys are desperatly trying anything to get more customers i know our mastercraft dealer has a really hard time moving them always promoting discounts on them and what not meanwhile malibu came out the 21vlx and its selling like hot cakes over here for 79999. More power to mastercraft and hopefully they see that theres not a lot of people that are willing to buy a xstar for 180k or something like that although they did come out with the nxt series but imo it was so plain literally every option was stripped down and there was nothing on there compared to the 21vlx which still has a lot of options on it.

And it seems like mastercraft left the wakeboard scene and only Malibu and Supra still out here doing tours and wakeboard stops so perhaps thats why business slowed then again nobody cares about wakeboarding everytime we go out theres at least 50 people wakesurfing any given time so i guess this statement is irrelevant.

Last edited by wakeslash; 11-05-2017 at 2:14 PM.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-06-2017, 12:59 PM Reply   
Kyle is such a freaking poser.