Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (keylay10)      Join Date: Aug 2013       07-08-2014, 10:53 AM Reply   
Anyone looking to ride in Lake Almanor? Got a Mastercraft maristar 210 with a tower and a couple fat sacs. Throws a decent wake. Just looking for more riders.
Old     (BayArea_Mastercraft)      Join Date: Jul 2014       07-10-2014, 10:01 AM Reply   
I just bought the same boat, haha, 2003 Maristar VRS210, and just put a Pro-Flight tower on it 3 weeks ago

I was just up at Almanor the week before the 4th of July...super nice. Even though its a fairly 'open' lake without good channels/coves, it got relatively calm in the evening. Even during the day I was able to find some patches in the North-East corner of the lake that were calm. Seemed to be choppiest at the sound end.

Where else do you ride? Almanor is super far for me (San Jose/Bay Area). Also, did you see a big difference when you dropped in the fat sacs? I'm thinking of buying some, but don't want to waste money if it wont make a sizable difference. I can push it up pretty high and out into the flats without any extra ballast.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-13-2014, 1:04 PM Reply   
Ill be up there August 9-17 and looking to ride every day. I have an 01 SAN. Where are you out of? We have a place on the peninsula. What days can you ride?
Old     (keylay10)      Join Date: Aug 2013       07-14-2014, 9:42 AM Reply   
Bay Area Riders, I have 200 lbs of lead in the ski locker and two 400 fly high sacs so not a whole lot of weight. One in the walk through on top of the ski locker and the other in the back on the ground parallel to the rear bench seat. Not sure that it makes a huge difference but I feel that it is useful. I wouldn't consider it a waste of money but if you can borrow some bags from friends to test weight out then do that.