Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Dre4AU)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-03-2014, 3:46 PM Reply   
Newbie here trying to figure out the best way to setup the bindings on our wakeboard. I have read lots of info on how they recommend angling the bindings for just starting out, but have been thrown a little curveball. The Hubs is goofy footed (should have expected this beacuse well he is goofy) while all the rest of us are regular footed. As of right now we are all going to share the same board until we decide we are going to really get serious with the wakeboarding. What would be your suggestions for the attaching the bindings?
I am not sure if this is something that can be easily adjusted on the water before he goes out and we can adjust them back for the rest of us?
This is the setup we have:

Hyperlite 2013 Clash 141 (gotta love the cow)

and these are the bindings we got
Hyperlite Frequency 2013 Bindings

Hopefully we did halfway decent on the setup got a pretty good deal (we think) and got the setup brand new for right around $200.

Any advice you have would be great.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-03-2014, 3:55 PM Reply   
That's a great deal

The most straightforward way to set the board up would be to go for a neutral stance. I ride my board at +9 and +9. I think you'll be OK to learn the ropes at that stance.

Out of curiosity, what is the height difference of the family? You might also find that if there is a large differential, that for some it will be too wide or narrow. Just something to consider.
Old     (Dre4AU)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-03-2014, 4:44 PM Reply   
Yeah we are all kinda spaced out in the height department. My BIL is probably almost 6'2", my sister and Hubs are probably around the 5'9"-5'8" range and then there's me bringing in the shortstack at 5'4".
Never thought about the height making such a difference was worrying about the weights.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-03-2014, 5:30 PM Reply   
Accommodating regular/goofy is easy, just duck (angle toe outward) both boots to the same angle and you're good. One of you is just riding the board backwards but doesn't matter.

As far as one stance fits all, I'd suggest you shoot for the 5'8" rider but take into consideration who will have more water time. I would err on the narrower side for beginners. The stance will feel more natural compared to other sports. When you start trying to go wake to wake and grabbing your board and such the taller riders may benefit from a wider stance front/back balance-wise but for a beginner group I don't think you'll suffer from being on the narrow side.

If you find you need to adjust between each set, you can probably find some thumb screws that will allow you to do it without tools which could save some time.

Have fun and welcome to wakeboarding/wakeworld. This site is a great resource, hopefully you're finding that already.....
Old     (Dre4AU)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-04-2014, 7:51 AM Reply   
Thanks for the replies and advice. We are hoping to get out on the water next weekend. Can't wait to try out the new board. It's been about fifteen years since the last time I was out on a wake board. A lot has changed in that time with wake board designs and with the old body. Hoping it is still as much fun as I remember it being!