Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    atx_shred            07-02-2014, 1:28 PM Reply   
my friend is looking for a board setup and now he has changed his mind to either get and Ronix Shnook or the LF deluxe. He will be using this board for cable. Which board is best? I want to say the deluxe but the new shnook doesn't seem too bad either!
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-02-2014, 1:47 PM Reply   
You sure do ask a lot of questions about different boards. Just get one and ride it. You have no wrong choices. They all do stuff differently. Experiment and learn.
Old    atx_shred            07-02-2014, 2:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezul View Post
You sure do ask a lot of questions about different boards. Just get one and ride it. You have no wrong choices. They all do stuff differently. Experiment and learn.

well before I buy a 500 dollar board I want to make sure I'm getting the best one.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-02-2014, 3:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by atx_shred View Post
well before I buy a 500 dollar board I want to make sure I'm getting the best one.
I am not trying to be a dick but you can't keep asking the same questions on here in different ways. There is no perfect answer to your question or else we would all be riding the same board. Just get a board and ride it to the best of your abilities. When you wear it out, get something that you think you will like. From experience, I love slingshot. The boards flex and they provide soft landings. I am also about to turn 31. My body isn't as young as it once was. Soft landings may not be the key selling point for you. When looking at a board, it is a rule of thumb that the more bottom features a board has, the more it grips to the water.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-02-2014, 7:46 PM Reply   
The LF deluxe is a great combo boat and park board.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-02-2014, 8:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
The LF deluxe is a great combo boat and park board.
Which is more slick, the deluxe or the super trip?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-03-2014, 8:10 AM Reply   
Throwing my vote in for the Conflict. Best cable board I've strapped on. Soft landing, holds a deep edge, feels light on the feet, slides and flexes great, and more durable than any other board I've owned. The Conflict was super slippery when I got it. But as time goes on it loses that. I think most any board gets more grippy on the rails after it's ridden hard for a while.

http://www.jobecable.com/men/wakeboa...eboard-series/
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-03-2014, 8:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezul View Post
Which is more slick, the deluxe or the super trip?
Slick as in the grind base? I wouldn't know haven't ridden a super trip.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-06-2014, 11:06 PM Reply   
2014 deluxe.
Old     (Werky1090)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-08-2014, 9:18 AM Reply   
In my opinion the deluxe is the way to go. I have it and its great for all around cable use: air tricks, kickers and i can press on it like crazy and im just 120 lbs
Old     (Boardercontrol1)      Join Date: Dec 2014       12-10-2014, 3:05 PM Reply   
I've had the privilege to ride both boards, there both really good. The Ronix has a nice edge and is a solid choice for all aspects of cable riding. However, I would personally always go for the Liquid Force Deluxe, its one of the best all rounds boards out there its also fairly strong doesn't damage easily. I've got some more in-deoth reviews on my site, people have posted me their opinions to me so its a well rounded review.

http://www.boarder-control.co.uk/#!m...ews-2015/c1sqm

Last edited by Boardercontrol1; 12-10-2014 at 3:08 PM. Reason: link