Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (srich5)      Join Date: Apr 2016       05-27-2016, 10:37 AM Reply   
Looking to get a new prop and just want some feedback from some people who have experienced both.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-27-2016, 11:05 AM Reply   
ford/chevy
tastes great/less filling

Both are great. If you have any desire to really geek out tho and do some custom tweaking or test a bunch of props before you land on one, I think I'd go with OJ. Eric is great and will be helpful in making small tweaks to existing offerings to get the result you are after (adding or taking away some cup, for instance).

But I have in the past and would in the future run either manufacturer's props.
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       05-27-2016, 4:21 PM Reply   
lots of guys on the supra/moomba forums for years had issues with the factory selected OJ props "growling" when the boat was loaded. my '06 supra did it. switched to acme and it went away as did many others.

I would bet oj has fixed it as they still sell a lot of props, but if it was my coin to buy it would be acme for me. have no complaints on the 1235 that the supra and my current tige run.

all my .02
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-27-2016, 6:18 PM Reply   
Ignore the brand and choose the best dia, pitch and cup for your application.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-27-2016, 8:14 PM Reply   
My experience with ACME has been awesome. They repaired a prop a few times for me.

Nothing bad about OJ i just have always used ACME.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-28-2016, 11:02 AM Reply   
Acme has consistently been the leader when it comes to props. There are more than a few cases in which the Acme version of similar specs outperforms the OJ counterpart, some mentioned right in this thread and plenty of others that were not. The blade shapes are different and in some cases the specs vary ever so slightly. The flip side can't be said in which an OJ has ever outperformed an Acme counterpart. Given similar performance , sure , but never outperformed it.

Acme would be my choice.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       05-29-2016, 6:05 PM Reply   
My only experience with OJ is a 25 year old cast prop. It was fine and performed well for what it was. dropped in inch diametar and an inch of pitch to a CNC acme with far more surface area increased RPM a bit and did not decrease slip enough to reduce fuel consumption but it sure bites a lot harder on the hole shot. I'm sure a new CNC OJ would do just as well. Diameter, pitch, and cup. Not much difference in props aside from that, IMO go with whichever offers what you're looking for at the best price.
Old     (nickfernandez00)      Join Date: May 2015       05-30-2016, 7:49 PM Reply   
I've always used Acme as well. Never had a problem with them
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-30-2016, 11:49 PM Reply   
While I don't recommend it, if you hit anything OJ' s seem to be thicker. Most ppl I know prefer Acme.
I have an OJ and ride in a river and some things cannot be avoided...But I love my OJ!!!
Old     (WheelerWake)      Join Date: Mar 2013       05-31-2016, 5:30 AM Reply   
I'm going to take the pick either one based on pitch/diameter/price idea even further. I replaced a "cast" prop with a CNC prop that had the same pitch and diameter. The performance in all respects (handling ballast/ top speed/ smoothness) was identical.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-31-2016, 7:11 AM Reply   
OJ is a great company with a great history. Eric is always available and will help make you satisfied at all times and will make it right always.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-31-2016, 8:02 AM Reply   
15 hours on a OJ for the first time and it's perfect. Last boat was an Acme and factory option was an OJ this time around. Can't go wrong with either brand, both stand behind their product.