Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (04avyboarder)      Join Date: May 2012       06-28-2013, 4:02 AM Reply   
Looking to buy some covers for my rev 8's. Anyone using Suitz? Speakersox? Feedback on experience would be great, how long do each hold up?
Old    Paxdad            06-28-2013, 4:05 AM Reply   
I purchased a set of Speakersox about a month ago for my WS Pro485s and they are a perfect fit and very high quality. I like the way the material blends in with the bimini top when I have it out.
Old    Paxdad            06-28-2013, 4:24 AM Reply   
Speakersox are 1/3 the cost of the WS covers.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       06-28-2013, 8:08 AM Reply   
speakersox are great. The black ones fade easily though. Dont know about the other colors.
Old     (browneye253)      Join Date: Apr 2013       06-28-2013, 8:46 AM Reply   
I have a pair of Rev 10's w/ the suitz. I looked at the sox but they didn't really accomplish what I was looking for which was protection and easier ability to carry them around when they're not on the tower. I take mine down and store them inside so the extra thickness of the suitz and the handles have been extremely helpful. The sox seem like they'd be great for someone who wants to throw them on to protect the speaker and not have to worry about taking them off the speaker while playing music.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-28-2013, 9:07 AM Reply   
I have speakersox on my kickers as well. Besides the fading (they are now brown) they have been great.
Old     (DQ)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-28-2013, 10:05 AM Reply   
Suitz are awesome for the person that has swivel clamps so you can tote them to wherever you store them. For someone who just wants to cover their speakers while out on the lake the sox would be the choice. I just don't see the reason to cover your speakers up while out on the water, you're only out on the waterdaily and the Wet Sounds have great uv protection. Suits with fixed clamps are still going to be a great choice especially for towing purposes. It will protect your speakers from bugs, rain and everyday elements that could seep through just cloth. Suitz would be what I would order. Actually going to place my order very soon. I tow long distances and really want to protect my investment of (4) REV10's and a REV410.
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       06-28-2013, 10:42 AM Reply   
I have owned both, I had the socks for my old Pro 80's and the suitz for my new 410's... or I guess I should say old 410's since somebody stole them!!!

the socks faded out pretty bad though like others have pointed out where the suits have not...
my only problem with the suitz is that they can actually collect water in them like a balloon making it a little tricky to get them off without dowsing myself or the boat.