Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-27-2009, 12:18 PM Reply   
Great to see Adam get some print. It is well deserved. He is the nicest guy in the sport or at least top 2 with Murray. He definitely can ride. I can't figure out how the mags can completely ignore someone like Fields.

It is too sad that a top 10 rider has to spend money to be on the pro tour. Adam works his tail off to be in the sport and I hope to see him on the podium this year.
Old     (vabeachbum)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-27-2009, 12:33 PM Reply   
Adam is a great person and an incredible wakeboarder. I was excited to see the article on him.

We keep hoping to see more about him, but it's slow to get out there. He's definitely one of the most impressive role models on the tour.
Old     (skidaddy)      Join Date: May 2008       01-27-2009, 2:18 PM Reply   
I have only spoken to Adam on the phone as I am setting up some lessons for me and my son when he returns north in May (Chris - I live in VB too and ride at Lake Anna), but he seems like a great guy who loves spreading the wakeboarding gospel!

Best wishes for more success AND RECOGNITION (i.e., coverage and sponsorships) for Adam.
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-27-2009, 2:20 PM Reply   
Im with you, I dont know how the wakeboard scene can ignore him so much. Its not like hes a bad people person, hes very easy to talk to and coherent. Not to mention he is an insane rider! 7th on the pro tour on his first year, doing tricks noone else does, and goes huge. It seems ridiculous to me that I see people I have never heard of all the time in WBM or Alliance in the photo sections but NEVER Adam. Whats up with that? And the fact that hes still not on the LF pro team is whack. People skills and an insane rider; what more can you want? He runs a camp too; perfect advertising opportunity! I dont get it, hopefully he'll get what he has earned soon enough
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-27-2009, 2:30 PM Reply   
Based on just the riding I filmed at BroStock, and some of the stuff I saw while at the OWC, I'd kill for the chance to film a couple of sets with Adam. His riding is just sick, and he's a way way way way underrated rider...

I guess it really just comes down to what he was talking about in the interview, he's not a self-promoting type of person, so he doesn't get the big time sponsorships like others. Personally, I think that would be the kind of person I'd want riding for me, someone who isn't into themselves, that wants to progress the sport as well as promote a product in a positive way. I really am shocked he's not on the LF Pro Team.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-27-2009, 2:43 PM Reply   
Adam VD. i agree with you. With his already established camp, i don't see how nauty or MC or BU (or cent...) can afford to NOT give him a boat to run his camps.

When you get to ride a boat for a week/weekend at a camp, you get a real good feel and appreciation for it. If its a good boat, then you will definately look to that boat next time you make a purchase.
Old     (the_bum)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-27-2009, 3:51 PM Reply   
Just read the interview, Trying slim 7's! Wow that has to be freaking hard!
Old     (wakevb)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-27-2009, 4:51 PM Reply   
Wow, I can't agree with you guys more. Mad props to you Adam! Some of my crew and I were discussing the article today at lunch, basically stating..."What else does he have to do...?" Definitely a nice surprise today to click on WW and finally see him getting some love.

I've only met Adam personally a couple of times at his dock at gaston, but I am telling you this guy couldnt be any nicer. He reps his gear well and is always glad to just lend a demo out or whatever...its insane. Its awesome to pull into Lizard Creek and see wake boats lined up to chat with him. Most have taken lessons and are just stopping by to chat and he takes every moment to talk to everyone and grow this sport. I should mention that he is so humble in person that its insane, and I think thats why so many people support him and his school. I've heard he is an amazing coach as well. I really plan on catching up with him for some lessons for the wife and I this summer too.

His riding speaks for itself...he rips. Not much to say there. Luckily I got to watch him ride about 4 times in 2008.

Somebody hook this dude up!!!
Old     (tentcitygoon)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-27-2009, 6:36 PM Reply   
That guy is so sick, saw him drop a slim 5 in Reno like it was nothing. Hope he goes really far in the sport, definitely seems like he deserves it
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-27-2009, 7:54 PM Reply   
Nice guy and great rider, I think his runs at Reno really opened some eyes. He came off the dock in the simi with a BOOTED Bee Sting, got my attention. Good to see him getting some Props.
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-27-2009, 8:18 PM Reply   
I love Adam! He taught me alot about wakeboarding. For example; How do drive the boat in zero visibility fog conditions with allegators everywhere(YOU JERK!).
He taught me alot of tricks and got me to think more seriously about the sport. He encouraged me to enter comps and gave me the instruction & confidence I needed to actually win a few.

I highly recommend Adam for lessons. Especially with the women out there. Hes way hot
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-28-2009, 8:12 AM Reply   
I wish Adam would leave LF.

I could understand the lack of exposure from his sponsors(not including Centurion) and the mags, vids, etc if he was some guy that lacked social skills, was funny looking, nobody liked him. He's way more marketable than a lot of guys with signature boards and good deals.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-28-2009, 2:55 PM Reply   
I agree. I'm a little baffled by what it takes to get sponsored in this industry. There are a lot of riders that are sponsored that seem to be terrible reps for the companies that sponsor them while there are non-sponsored riders that ride better AND have all the off-water qualities that I would think a company would want in their riders.

To me, Adam seems like he's got everything to be the perfect rep for a company. I know that I would be pursing him if I was a manufacturer!
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       01-28-2009, 3:43 PM Reply   
Adam must be nice if he is letting Derek Cook live with him.

Adam is definitely nicest guys out there for sure. You can tell that he is genuine when you chill with him for a bit.