Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-12-2008, 3:27 PM Reply   
I have been houseboating a bunch, and am going next week again (sorry for rubbing that in), but I wanted to ask the vast wakeworld audience what kind of stuff can we bring to really enjoy ourselves with.

I know the basics...boats, boards, booze. but we are going for 9 days and I wanna fill in the time with some fun stuff (like hitting range balls off the roof).

Any ideas?
Old     (misfits1981)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-12-2008, 4:16 PM Reply   
Golf clubs are good. Fireworks(not the illegal ones because that wouldn't be safe),poker stuff, horseshoes, and giant tarps to make adult size slip and slides.
Old     (tcaz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-12-2008, 4:35 PM Reply   
ipod player, deck of cards, inflatable blow up doll, bbq essentials
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-13-2008, 11:21 AM Reply   
water ballon launcher... also to launch golf balls

OHH and the slip 'n' slide IS an absolute must. take some stuff to build a ramp and if you want to go extreme, get a water pump to pump water on it and MAYBE... just MAYBE, you will have one as extreme as this
EXTREME SLIDE 2007 at mede http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q0u8aq2PGU
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-15-2008, 8:25 AM Reply   
wow...thats an extreme slide. i still have some plastic sheets from building pools for rail jams....loks like its time to clean the dust off of them.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-15-2008, 9:19 AM Reply   
Wake, where are you headed to? We are going to New Melones on Thursday and staying until Monday, late afternoon.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-15-2008, 9:24 AM Reply   
We are going to New Melonies, too!!

Picking up the HB on Saturday the 20th till the 28th. Lets meet up!
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-15-2008, 9:43 AM Reply   
We pick ours up on Thursday night along with three other families. Definitely have to do something. :-)

We will have my Tige RZ2 there, the F21 Tomcat, and a B52.

(Message edited by dabell on September 15, 2008)
Old    pdxWAKE            09-15-2008, 10:01 AM Reply   
Sheets
Towels
Blankets
Lots of floor mats or carpet remanants for the entrances and bathrooms
Beer bong
Extension cords
Home stereo system
Bug Spray / SunScreen
Cleaning supplies and Soap for all sinks
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-15-2008, 10:32 AM Reply   
do you know if there is cell service up there? I dont think any in our crew has been there before, and it would be awesome to get some lake knowledge of where to park the houseboat, etc, etc.

we have a few super airs rolling up, i think a waverunner, too.

Im definitly bringing a visquine (plastic sheet) and hope to find a good place to put a huge slide.

Diggs, good itea with the carpet remnants! especially for the front of the boat.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-15-2008, 10:46 AM Reply   
This is my first time to the lake also. Don't know about cell coverage either. :-(

We are planning to take one of the boats out and look around before we find the "spot" to park that houseboat. But, I am sure you won't miss me. I will be that white and orange tige. It's a little obvious to spot. :-)
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-15-2008, 10:50 AM Reply   
once we get there i'll jump in the blue and white superair or waverunner and come find you. i bet by saturday you'll know the best places to ride!
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-15-2008, 10:59 AM Reply   
Looks like I'll be there too this weekend camping. Dont know what boat to bring yet... what a dilemna!
Old    walt            09-15-2008, 11:02 AM Reply   
Horse shoes (if you can find a flat beach)

Beer pong supplies.
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-15-2008, 11:12 AM Reply   
We have found verizon cell coverage is spotty on the lake. Even with all those network dudes following us, we're not able to reach out hanging near the shore. Out in the open is ok, but some of the network guys have trouble keeping up.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-15-2008, 11:26 AM Reply   
yo rod...bring the epic, and dont camp...we have plenty of room on our HB...unless you have 10 peeps!

horseshoes, check.
beer pong...hum...i think ill have to get creative for this one...
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-15-2008, 12:30 PM Reply   
first aid kit
benadryl
tylenol
contractor grade garbage bags
yellow jacket trap

:-)
Old     (mallenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-15-2008, 12:44 PM Reply   
Here is our 'floating pong' setup. It works pretty well.

Upload
Old     (flattirenotube)      Join Date: May 2007       09-15-2008, 1:11 PM Reply   
here is ours....drill holes just big enough that the solo cups actually snap in and can't be knocked over. Build a frame underneath with 2x2 with a couple of cross members in the middle (shortway across plywood). Then screw noodles on to the 2x2. Make sure to use large washers in attaching the noodles so they don't come off. This was at powell and we just sat in life jackets in about 120' of water and worked perfect, cups never fell over. I would suggest using water in the cups, that way you drink out of your can o beverage (or bottle) and aren't getting lake water mixed in with said beverage of choice. Just my experiances with floating beer pong and I have had quite a lot

Also I would bring two shovels/ and or poles to put into the ground and then a frisbee, I have another fun and easy game to play with those if you are on a beach. Let me know.
Upload
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       09-15-2008, 1:22 PM Reply   
Lots of Pain Meds!
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-16-2008, 5:57 AM Reply   
Dont forget the Indo boards and hoola hoops.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-16-2008, 7:19 AM Reply   
CHICKS BRING LOTS OF CHICKS!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-16-2008, 10:27 AM Reply   
Yo Al. We tried the slide thing at Shasta. Make sure you build it on a really steep hill and get plenty of water flowing. You might be able to use a fat sac pump down at the lake plugged into a boat and a garden hose to bring the water to the top of the slide.

The best thing we've ever brought on our houseboat trips is a DJ system. Not sure if you have access to any PA stuff from the Spanky Beaver, but it's the only way to roll. Gotta be able to crank the tunes for party time. We also hooked up a I-pod docking station that works like a mixxer. It controls 2 I-pods and has a cross fader. Everyone gets into playing DJ. Makes for good times.

Have a good time man. If Brody is there you may want to make him wear a CGA life jacket at all times and maybe tie him up to the houseboat at night so you dont lose him. Ha, ha, ha.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-16-2008, 10:34 AM Reply   
HAHA! I dont think brodie is making this one, but I will keep that in mind for the next one!

One of the guys coming on the trip is bringing a submersable pump with a 2" outlet and 75' of hose. That should pump out some serious water and make for some fast sliding!

I've never been to New melonies, so Im keeping my fingers crossed on finding a good place to do the slip, slide and fly.

I dont have access to DJ gear, but thanks for the heads up. This boat is suposedly preatty pimp so im hoping it has a nice stereo (i know the main TV/stereo has 5.1, and Im hoping the roof has speakers next to the bar/spa).

Evan, We have a pretty light crew during the week...roll up if you got time during the week.