Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (watersnake)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-03-2008, 5:38 PM Reply   
Wife might get a promotion and expressed some intrest in maybe a new boat. Just looked @ new boat and when I got home I told her I'll serviceher any time she wants if I can get this one.......but before I go "down" on........oh you guys thought..I mean talk #'s with sales person, I whould try and get some info from someone who's rideing behind one of these boats.
Old     (spenchey)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-03-2008, 5:50 PM Reply   
Do you mean the rz2?

If you get stock ballast the kick is very nice for 900 pounds. Also, for the money you will spend, its hard to beat what you get for the price. The surf wake is a little less exciting because the platform cuts off part of the wave. Tige will be fixing the platform for 2009. So if surfing is a big deal you will be able to order a new platform.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-03-2008, 5:54 PM Reply   
in stock form the boat produces a great wake ad ballast it only get better. overall the boat is awsome. you will not be disapointed. i hear alot of talk about the surf wake and have not really found it to be an issue we have surfed it many a day with no problems. good luck and kiss your wife. she is letting you get one of the finest wake boats made.
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-03-2008, 6:19 PM Reply   
I spent a lot of time behind the RZ2 last summer. It is real sharp looking boat and when the wake is set up right, it produces a really good wakeboarding wake. Problem is the wake is really touchy and the port side wake on my buddy's was really hard to clean up. Some of us were advanced riders and we tried moving weight around, adjusting the Taps, increasing speed, etc and there were days when it would not clean up.

The surf wake, is one of the better ones I've ever surfed. The more weight you add the better and better it gets. We had no issues with the platform and surf wake, my one buddy was doing surface 3s on the surfboard. I did see days where we had that thing almost chest high on 6ft tall people.

If you've never been behind one I would definitely get behind it and a couple other boats before you make a decision.

IMO for the money you can get better wakes and better built boats. My friends boat also had Vinyl ripping at the seams, a board rack came off (built into the tower) with boards in it and almost took off someones head. The front seats didn't have enough support backing them and broke from average size people sitting on them. Windshield frame also broke. And glove box broke. These issues were warrantied, but he did have a lot of issues with that boat.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-03-2008, 7:35 PM Reply   
sp0tts tige owners aren't going to like your review.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-03-2008, 10:01 PM Reply   
Spotts- maybe your friends boat was just one of those boats. you know how theres always a boat that stuff goes wrong with. i've never had any issue with my RZ2 or any of the others that we've sold. when weighted right the wake is awesome on it for the all the higher level riders. the boat can be a little touchy from side to side but nothing that moving a person around wont fix.

Jesse- go out and demo one. the boat is top notch. tiges speed set is probably the best cruise controll i've ever used. and the boat handles like a dream. even when i put 2500lbs and 6 to 8 people in my RZ2 it still turns on a dime. if you have any questions about them let me know. i know the tiges inside and out.
Old     (watersnake)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-04-2008, 9:02 AM Reply   
Thanks guys! All I can do now is hope she gets a promotion.

My bad on the post topic ....ZR2??? "RZ2"
Maybe I was thinking of the Corvette boat
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-04-2008, 9:39 AM Reply   
ZR2 would actually be a code used for the s10 pickups, not the vettes
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-04-2008, 10:11 AM Reply   
I ride or should I say used to ride quite a bit behind an 08 RZ2 I dont; liek the wake ( persoanl prefernce) I would rather not ride than ride behind the boat. the wake with no weight is ridiculousy small for it being a wake boat. The stock wake is decent size. I'm not a fan of the shape at all. The port side ( my toeside) is extermly finiky, I can move my big toe 3 inches to the port and the wake washes. I also do not liekthe way the back storage lockers open. They open up the opposite of every other boat. The "springy" seat is a death trap...going across chop it feels like you literally might spring out of the boat.PROS---the rough water ride is hands down the best of any wake boat I've been on . Their dockign lights are awesome. For the price...A loaded one will run you clsoe to 60K out the door, there are alot better option IMO.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-04-2008, 10:12 AM Reply   
The tige tower is really tall ,and with the over the top bimni you get almost no shade what so ever.

The surf wake is weird b/c the platform cuts downt he middle of it...really strange to see it, almost liek somethin on teh baot is dragging.

I havent' ridden in the boat since last year after I banned myself from it, so I dont; knwo if anythign else has changed.

(Message edited by wake1823 on April 04, 2008)
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-04-2008, 3:44 PM Reply   
I would rather not ride than ride behind the boat.

Like the Tige or hate it, you lost all credibility with me with that comment. Nothing personal at all, but Dude, You would rather NOT RIDE? Than ride behind any certain boat?

What did you do before there were Wakeboard Boats?

To each their own, but I would rather ride behind a 1974 Pontoon Boat than not ride....
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-04-2008, 3:58 PM Reply   
I've got a 1974 pontoon and i got that things SLAMMED. It throws wake like none other. Here's a sample: we put a whole new spin on wake surfing behind the Super Tooner.

Upload

In all honesty, i'd agree with SeanMCD on this one, i think alot of people are WAYY too picky about what they ride. We ride behind a bayliner with a tower. We've got our ballast bags at about 1500lbs, and it throws a fairly decent wake. Yeah, it doesnt have Perfect Pass, a water shower, or a 45" inch TV in the dash, but its whats pullin.
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-04-2008, 4:11 PM Reply   
No offense to anyone, but being picky about what you ride and being picky about what you buy are two different things. But don't you guys think if someone is going to drop $60k+ on a wake boat it should produce a good wake? one that they like?

That's why everyone says test drive and go ride behind it. Shift your weight in it to see if it's touchy or not. Develop your own oppinion and then go ride a couple other wakes in that price range to compare. You shouldn't be dropping that kind of money without trying out the product first.
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-04-2008, 4:29 PM Reply   
Here is a pic of my buddy's 06 RZ2. The wake is similar to my Supra, just not as rampy. We add additional fat sacs on top of the internal hard tanks and get it where we want it.

Upload
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-04-2008, 7:02 PM Reply   
I agree with Ryan, go out and demo the boat and make sure you ride behind it, it may or may not be the boat for you. The surf wake is just fine, you just have to have all of your weight in the back and on one side and then the wave cleans up real nice.

Tige has fixed some of the issues mentioned above, the tower racks and the seat backings. I've got ~100 hours on mine and no issues with the vinyl or any of the others mentioned above.

The wake is different than say a Malibu for sure, it's a wider wake without the lip on it, you just have to hang out a little bit longer for the pop than you do with a Bu or MC. Everyone likes something different, test ride every boat you are interested in before deciding on one.

Good luck with the purchase!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-04-2008, 7:21 PM Reply   
Don't forget about resale value too. What's a 5-10 year old Tige worth today? Just sayin'. :-)
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-04-2008, 10:16 PM Reply   
that wake looks pretty vertical a few feet back!
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-04-2008, 11:47 PM Reply   
Jesse,

I think you can find better for the money. This is not a slam on Tige, but I personally think that there are better boats for the money. I think the new Tige interiors, especially the dashes look cheap. The spinning board racks are cumbersome and the straps for them will break every other week. I once bought an entire box of 16 and went through all of em. The tower is super tall, but is pretty stout. I also personally believe that a wakeboard wake should have and needs ballast. If you add the factory ballast from Tige, it will take up a large part of your storage, since it is not mounted in the hull.

As for good things, TAPS will give you some good versitility. Tige's surf pretty good and the wakes can be good.

I think that for the price, you should check out the VLX, Supra 22SSV, Naughty 210 or an X-2. All of them are great boats. I think of the boats listed above the VLX would be your best bet. Both surf and wakeboard wakes can get seriously nasty if you want em' to.

Good luck in your decision. Remember to demo,demo, demo. Don't buy the first boat you look at or test drive. Boats cost a lot of money and you should be sure to get what fits you best. Best of luck.
Old     (spenchey)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-05-2008, 4:26 PM Reply   
You went through 16 board rack straps!! What in the world are you straping in the racks? I have had my tige for 3 years and have yet to have a problem with the racks!

I spend over 100 hours behind a 07 rz2 last year, its no the best boat in the world and it certainly isn't the worst.

Tige factory ballast will take up some of the storage in the back hatches, but not a ton. The way the boat is laid out will make up for the lost space in the back. You don't absoluetly NEED the ballast but you'll more than likely WANT it.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-05-2008, 7:14 PM Reply   
The RZ2 wake actually feels a lot different than any of the other models. its wider than any of their other boats and has more of a lip. the wake is also real hard. no matter how hard your cut into the wake your not going to blow threw it. thats one thing that you can always count on. i'll admit that a few years ago they had some issues with their board racks but they are no longing having issues. the ballast doesn't take up much room anymore. the front is a 400lbs soft sac thats under the seats and the rear are two 250lbs hard tanks that are mounted behind the storage walls and motor. you still have a lot of storage in those compartments. i might be heading out to the lake tomorrow so if i do i'll get a pic of my wake. i have 2500lbs in my boat and the wake is sooooooooooooooo legit.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-05-2008, 8:31 PM Reply   
front seat issue fixed
board rack issue fixed
have not seen any problems with upholstery in RZ2
i think some making up some BS about rack straps in my 5yrs as a tige tech i have replaced 0 straps due to them breaking not a 1.
resale % wise tige does very well in this area. sure your MC or CC will sell for more five yrs. down the road you paid alot more for it at the start.
if you want the rz2 wake to perk up you must put atleast 250lbs in the front.
nothing steers better
nothing rides better in the ruff stuff
nothing gets better fuel economy
unmatched versatility
IMPO you will not find a better boat for the $$$ and i repair/drive/ride them all.
i would for sure test drive them all i KNOW you will love the RZ2. good luck for your wife on her knew job!!!!!!!!!

(Message edited by kko13 on April 05, 2008)

(Message edited by kko13 on April 05, 2008)
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-06-2008, 2:51 AM Reply   
ooooooo and tige is using a new upholstery for 08. its super nice. and the Z series tower is bullet proof. like kevin i also repair,drive,ride them all. I get new and old CC, MC, BU, Tiges, sangers, supras, centirion, calabria,MB, moomba, i see them all. all of them have parts and material that fail. a boats a boat. it gets beat to death on the water so things are going to happen to them. its something that you have to get use to cuz it'll happen sooner or later. if god makes it it will die, and if humans make it it will break. peace out.