Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       04-02-2008, 3:30 PM Reply   
Looking to buy a new board. Can't demo up here so i have narrowed it to three boards. Im 6'2"-200lbs. I currently ride 05 absolute plat with zues. Im looking for a board with good pop,medium speed and sticky(tracks well).I think i may be leaning towards the ibex because i can get it 144 in length. Love the look of the one (but thats not the impotant thing). Opinions please.......
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-02-2008, 3:32 PM Reply   
i was looking at the IBEX too it gets really good reviews I think its what I may end up with
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-02-2008, 3:39 PM Reply   
I love the Transcend, but I'm sure anyone on the board could tell you that. You would definitely be a 142 size guy.

I haven't ridden the other two, but can tell you with fair certainty that the One will be the mellowist of the boards in terms of pop and edgehold. Then the Transcend and the Ibex following those up being the most aggresive. The Ibex is a very 3-stage board. Big flat spot and I'd imagine a very abrupt pop.

I'm sure someone else could further elaborate. For my riding style I'd probably not even consider the Ibex as I've never particularly liked Parks' boards before and it looks like it's got some similar features.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-02-2008, 3:57 PM Reply   
I loved the Ibex when I had it...popped really good, you won't be let down
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-02-2008, 4:11 PM Reply   
Transcend 142.
Old     (liquidboarder935)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-09-2008, 12:13 PM Reply   
I ride the ibex and love it. It seems to be everything your looking for. But beware the 144 rides even bigger. Its a big board, very wide, but I love mine.
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-09-2008, 3:02 PM Reply   
the transcend is good.
its got really good w2w pop, its harder to take into the flats then some boards, but not impossible. i wouldnt call it slow, but it isnt fast either. its easy to go from edge to edge cause its not too wide like i would assume the ibex to be (ive never ridden it but i rode an 05 parks and there alot the same from what it looks)
i ride the transcend, it really is a sick board and if the edge hold is too strong, you can just take out the fin extensions so its customizable.
i have no idea about the one.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-09-2008, 4:23 PM Reply   
The ONE is in a much larger size this year, I believe they are offering a 144, but the 142 is perfect for you.

The ONE is exactly what you described. The Ibex is a little slow, so I would definantly go with the ONE.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-09-2008, 4:29 PM Reply   
Tell Joel Deroche that the Transcend doesn't go into the flats well .
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-09-2008, 4:34 PM Reply   
joel deroche could take a tree trunk into the flats...
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-09-2008, 4:35 PM Reply   
ya no shizz J-Rod thats what i thought when i saw that. Last time i checked 20 ft over the second wake is pretty well into the flats.

I have ridden all except the tranny. I liked the ibex alot, maybe more than my marius cause its similar in the ride but fits my size better riding the 144. I had some trouble getting a consistant pop on the one. It has a gnarly edge design.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-09-2008, 6:21 PM Reply   
the ibex looks good on the water, if nothing else
here is my ibex add
Upload