Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-07-2008, 9:33 PM Reply   
Going to Shasta in May. The weekend before memorial. Does anyone go this time of year? What is the weather typically and water conditions?
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-07-2008, 9:42 PM Reply   
well our houseboat trip is the week after and we have seen 90's and warm water and also seen 70's and cold water
Old     (hart_keene)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-08-2008, 8:40 AM Reply   
I will also be there the week before. Should be money! But you never know with mother nature...
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-08-2008, 9:07 AM Reply   
I'm going the week after Memorial and I agree with Jonny. You never know what is going to happen.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-08-2008, 11:47 AM Reply   
This weekend is going to be in the low to high 80s. Probably can expect to get similar or warmer weather in May.

Were house boating the same weekend you plan on camping. Cross your fingers for hot weather.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-08-2008, 3:32 PM Reply   
Where is everyone staying. Ill probably be at Antlers or Shasta Lake rv and campground. Has anyone stayed at either one. I was thinking about leaving my boat in a slip but don't know if its safe or not. Don't want the wetsounds and boards to disappear
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-08-2008, 6:35 PM Reply   
Shasta Lake RV I cant say cause ive never camped there but Antlers is very nice and the docks are locked up at nigh, never had a problem leaving my boat in a slip there. If your gonna tent camp most there spots have room for a boat and that would obviously be the best place if you dont mind pulling your rig out every night.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-08-2008, 9:05 PM Reply   
Ive camped at both and you will like either one. I moored my boat at SHasta camp gournd for 4 days with no problems. I'm jelous
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-08-2008, 11:00 PM Reply   
Steve (Norcalwakewjunky) I sent you an email about Memorial Day weekend to join me on my HB Memorial Day. Hit me back via email after you read it. Heading to my HB soon to do a tune up etc. Sorry to highjack this post guys.

Sorry Rich I don't have info on camping cause I never have. I own a HB on Shasta Lake, but I might be there the week before Memorial Day doing a tune up on my HB. If so then maybe if you are close to my arm then we can meet up.
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-08-2008, 11:02 PM Reply   
Ah just re-read the post Rich I will not be going that far to the arm you are at. Probably down the Sqauw arm or Pit.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-09-2008, 5:41 AM Reply   
Shasta Lake RV = Ghetto

It's a dirt trailer park, and trains run by it every night.

I wouldn't call their mooring secure either. You can get right in with a boat.

On the bright side, it's cheap, and very close to the Bass Hole.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-09-2008, 6:10 AM Reply   
Cliff is right Shasta Lake RV = GHETTO besides the dirt & trains you have to deal with the Dirty Smelly Gay Guy running around the camp grounds........Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-09-2008, 6:41 AM Reply   
The good ole Bass Hole.................. what fond memories of throwing our trash in the dumpsters and almost running the boat into the rock wall............

Remember that Cliff?
Old     (wakeboardmatt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-09-2008, 9:40 AM Reply   
I would reccomend Holiday Harbor RV park.

(Message edited by wakeboardmatt on April 09, 2008)
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-09-2008, 9:58 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info on the gay guy! LOL I guess we'll be staying at Antlers. Any one keep a boat in the docks there. Is it safe?
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-09-2008, 10:32 AM Reply   
He is the clean up guy in the camp ground and imagine full on Lake County mullet with daisy duke jean shorts 10 times to small and tee shirt with sleeves cut off.

Haaaaaaaaaaaa