Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old    soonercrew            02-15-2006, 8:56 AM Reply   
just wondering if we've made a good decision. me and my wife are both ready to start riding. just wanting opinions on our board purchase. we decided to go with the cwb factor 136 (motion series). i have never been on a wake board in my life, but her on the other hand.... she has a few summers of experience. we are only able to purchase 1 board for now. the only thing bothering me is that i am 6'2 175pd. and she is 5' 100pd.. we are using a seadoo wake to pull the board and can only carry 1 board at a time. we are using xl bindings to fit my foot, and she will be using some neo booties to ensure her foot is tight in the boots. im somewhat concerned that the 136 will not be big enough for me though..... any suggestions would be much appreciated! thanks....
Old     (nauty_tique)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-15-2006, 9:05 AM Reply   
Hey Scott, welcome a'board! I think the 136 will be fine, i'm 5'10"'ish 185 or so and 136 is cool with me, the only concern I have is for your wife, Good start with the booty's to try and help but if possible you might want to adjust the overlay to fit the 2 of you the best, i.e. tighter for her if you can live with it, I'm sure I don't have to tell you,but you don't want her coming out 1 foot at a time during a fall etc...
Old    rattray            02-15-2006, 9:28 AM Reply   
Scott, an idea to solve your binding problem could be to buy some adjustable bindings. i know hyperlite makes a bunch of bindings that are designed to fit a wide range of foot sizes. That way you only have to buy one pair, but they will be able to fit you both better. You don't want your wife to be swimming in those bindings and falling out all the time.
Old    soonercrew            02-15-2006, 12:57 PM Reply   
thanks for the input.... any other info would be great as well..... whats your opinion on using the seadoo wake to pull us?
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-15-2006, 1:21 PM Reply   
Hi Scott, have you looked into used bindings. Bindings are really easy to change on the board. My husband and I shared a board for years and just changed the bindings. Riding with too large of bindings is not much fun (foot moves around too much) plus her foot could come out the toe end as well.

The seadoo might work to learn how to cut but I don't think you'll get much air off that wake.

Tanya
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-15-2006, 1:38 PM Reply   
Scott, you will be fine. What bindings did you get with youre Factor? Did you get it with the CWB Torq's? If so I would get her a pair as well in her size, so you both will be cufy and safe. You should be able to pick up a pair for her for about 200 bucks brand new. My .02 cents