Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-29-2016, 9:50 AM Reply   
We got a 2016 A20 this past fall. I was wondering about adding a light bar and tower speakers and wanted some advice.

For the light bar i was looking at something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ASZPS6VGQ8JST

This one seemed to have good reviews but there are a lot of similar products that have bad reviews. I have also seen some more legit ones that are around the $500 price range, like from rigid. Is there anything in-between that you would recommend. I definitely dont want to spend $500+ but would be happy to spend around a $100 if it was a lot better than the $40 one on amazon.

I also was wondering about install/wiring. Are these boats setup so that it makes it easy to add on stuff like this or do i need to be a electrician to do it? I know the dash has a spot to add tower lights but my extent of electrical work has been to had extra home outlets. Any advice would be great on the option of wiring it myself.

On to the tower speakers. I know the HLCD is the greatest thing ever but i dont have any interest in sending music 80 feet down the line. Just something basic to add another level of sound in the boat.
I was looking at something like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Krypt-Wakebo...item4d1bce16a3

Is there something else i should be aware of in a similar price point of around $200?

I also wanted to ask about wiring tower speakers. The 2016 has some type of sound hub box by the batteries. Is it easy to add an amp and speakers or is there quite a bit more to it and i should leave it to the pros. I noticed on the head unit that there are some controls for tower speakers so i was hoping it was easy to add on to. Since i am not trying to do anything too crazy i was hoping i could do the installs myself. Any advice, walk-throughs, tutorials, video links would be greatly appreciated.

One last question with the way the bimini stores away to the tower. I was wondering if there are any problems or tip with adding things to the tower with out interfering with the bimini process.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Last edited by tings00; 01-29-2016 at 9:54 AM. Reason: .