Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (skidaddy)      Join Date: May 2008       01-07-2015, 10:23 AM Reply   
Or do I need to upgrade to 409?

While I am at it, love your boat? Wish you had purchased something else?
Old     (Talonsorensen)      Join Date: Apr 2012 Location: Gig harbor Washington       01-07-2015, 11:47 AM Reply   
we have the 409 and i think its perfect. I think anything less would be really rough. being that theres already such a huge prop you can't gain anything with re-proping either. just my opinion on it. also taking into consideration if you're going to add any extra weight.
Old     (BTV)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-08-2015, 6:37 AM Reply   
I have 409 and it works great at 4000' elevation. If you are at or near sea level I imagine 343 would be fine. The G21 wake is amazing and the wave is really good. Love the boat!
Old     (RideGull)      Join Date: Apr 2012       01-08-2015, 11:13 AM Reply   
If you don't plan on using more than stock ballast, 343 works great.
I have the 409 and run 4800 in total ballast and lead. It gets on plane no problem.

I love everything about the G21. The interior size, wake, functionality, storage, etc. There is nothing that this boat doesn't have that i wish it did.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       01-08-2015, 12:20 PM Reply   
Does it actually need extra ballast!? I thought it was turn key.
Old     (RideGull)      Join Date: Apr 2012       01-08-2015, 1:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
Does it actually need extra ballast!? I thought it was turn key.
No it doesnt need extra. The wake with stock ballast is amazing, and that is what i ride with most of the time. But it is fun to throw a bunch of weight in there occasionally.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       01-08-2015, 2:45 PM Reply   
I don't blame you I probably would too
Old     (skidaddy)      Join Date: May 2008       01-09-2015, 6:22 AM Reply   
Thanks to all for the input. One boat I am looking at has a 343. Rest have the 409. Price difference obviously material. Getting close to pulling the trigger. Seems like the best boat out there.