Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-30-2012, 11:37 AM Reply   
I know the CIE guys have switched over and seem to like it but im looking for some other opinions.

What are your likes and dislikes so far? My real concern is losing the extra foot of space. The boat will be used to wakeboard, surf and of course party. How is the storage space compared to the LSV?

@CIE - any problems fitting all the stereo equipment versus your last lsv?

From what I have read the wake is what you would expect from a Malibu. Has anyone actually sac'd one out and surfed it?
Old     (dicky_diehl)      Join Date: May 2007       06-03-2012, 7:20 PM Reply   
anyone?
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       06-04-2012, 6:35 AM Reply   
The top deck of the LSV is sooo much better looking than the MXZ. The MXZ just looks strange above the rub rail, especially in the bow. I sat and looked at these two boats side by side on the water a couple weeks ago and the LSV is such a better looking boat.

Sorry, I know that's not what you were asking. This boat did have a Syn1 and 3 Syn2's along with 4 batteries under the observer's helm and there still seemed to be plenty of room.
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       06-04-2012, 6:48 AM Reply   
Most of the MXZ space is in the bow. The cockpit feels about the same as the new VLX, maybe even a little smaller. The 23 LSV has much more room behind the windshield but a much smaller bow of course. Personal preference on where you want the space. The local guys say the sacked out MXZ wake is rediculous. Here is a pic from Warner's new MXZ.

Last edited by Brett_B; 06-04-2012 at 6:50 AM.
Old     (chucktronics)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-04-2012, 6:56 AM Reply   
Brian -
The way they have constructed the drivers side of the boat is a lot different in the mxz . it is very similar to the axis. Before you basically had the whole opening available to you from the side of the boat all the way across to the walkthrough. Now there is a wall that is constant with the walkthrough and wraps around (across your feet and then turns back as the wall that the throttle is on . The face by your feet is cut out with a plastic pod that removes for access. once it is removed ,the room available inside is just as large ,if not larger than the 23, but restricted by the opening. you can only cut so much out as they have braced the entire steering rack on the upper portion of this wall. I ll see if i can snap a couple more pics to illustrate.
Old     (nautiboy614)      Join Date: Dec 2010       06-04-2012, 7:19 AM Reply   
The MXZ wake is sic.....and that's tough for me to say, I am a Nautique guy but have spending the past couple weeks riding Warner's MXZ and not one complaint about the size.
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-04-2012, 7:40 AM Reply   
Stay with the LSV !!!! Throw a few sacs in her and sheel throw the wake the mxz does lol. My buddy did the same you did and regrets how much room he lost, but like stated he does like the wake more.
Old     (wakesetter_WW)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-04-2012, 8:01 AM Reply   
My main riding partner traded in his 2010 LSV for a MXZ about a month or so ago. I've been out on it about every time he has had it out. I like the wake more than behind his old LSV. As far as storage goes I can't tell much of a difference. I'm sure the MXZ has less storage but for our use we don't ever come close to using it all. We keep most of the gear or extras in a storage locker or at my lake house. On the weekends we typically have somewhere between 4-8 people. Sometimes 10. With the stock ballast full, wedge and around ten people the wake is real nice. I like about 3-4 girls up front and 5-6 people in the back for the best wake. Here are two pictures. Wake picture is shot from another boat riding along side. Wake the picture is stock ballast and wedge with driver and observer in the boat. I'm about 5-8 for comparison.
Attached Images

Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-04-2012, 10:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucktronics View Post
Brian -
The way they have constructed the drivers side of the boat is a lot different in the mxz . it is very similar to the axis. Before you basically had the whole opening available to you from the side of the boat all the way across to the walkthrough. Now there is a wall that is constant with the walkthrough and wraps around (across your feet and then turns back as the wall that the throttle is on . The face by your feet is cut out with a plastic pod that removes for access. once it is removed ,the room available inside is just as large ,if not larger than the 23, but restricted by the opening. you can only cut so much out as they have braced the entire steering rack on the upper portion of this wall. I ll see if i can snap a couple more pics to illustrate.
I noticed the wall, i figured it could be cut out. You guys did the install the CIE boat right? What did you guys do for subs? If so do you have any photos? Im really hoping i can fit two ported 15's, under the helm and passenger side. I'd like to do four 12's again but dont see that happening considering the size of the v-drive lockers.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-04-2012, 10:55 AM Reply   
^^^ CIRES!!

Ryan is the guy to talk to about the stereo instal space in both boats. He did the stereo in our LSV and our MXZ.

As stated several times above, you do lose a little storage with the MXZ, but I would trade storage for wake all day long. The MXZ has a shape that the avid rider will love. It's a little taller, and has a little more lip. It's a meatier Xstar wake, achieved without having to pull 26 mph, so it's a little more forgiving.

If I was in the market to buy right now, it would still be a tough choice. Both boats have awesome wakes. The MXZ wins in the wake department. The space in the LSV is just so damn comfortable though.

Also, you can't beat the transom coolers and cup holders on the MXZ! Genius! :-)

We haven't surfed it. Probably never will.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-04-2012, 11:03 AM Reply   
I love the layout from this angle.
Attached Images

Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       06-04-2012, 11:09 AM Reply   
SWEET BOAT. Picture taken at Drifters, I was there yesterday.
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-04-2012, 11:16 AM Reply   
thanks for the input. i agree that its a tough choice. ive had a lsv for the past 12 years and its really hard to give up that extra foot of space. the only reason im considering it is b/c its the new model otherwise id be back in another lsv.

im still interested in seeing a few stereo installs so please post them if you have pics.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-04-2012, 11:58 AM Reply   
Ryan, you got this?
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-04-2012, 1:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
Ryan, you got this?

any regrets doing the rev410 or the 3rd pair of rev 10's in the center? the headroom of the g3 sure is nice....
Old     (chucktronics)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-04-2012, 2:25 PM Reply   
grab'n a couple pics shortly
Old     (CDoogles)      Join Date: Feb 2011       06-04-2012, 2:28 PM Reply   
Here is a write-up I did on the surf wave....

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/...mxz-surf-wave/

The wakeboard wake sweet too. One of the best wakes I've ever ridden...although I obviously have a slight bias since I own the boat. No one would be disappointed with it though, I can promise you that
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-04-2012, 7:14 PM Reply   
Rumor is a 24' MXZ may come out for model year 2013......
Old     (malibuohio)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-04-2012, 7:19 PM Reply   
Great boat, wake can get huge & clean. I would say one of the best wakes I been on! It drives great, my old 05 was a tank sacked out.... MXZ handles great. On the space comments I would def say the LSV has more room if that is what ur looking for, BUT I'm all about the wake!
Old     (malibuohio)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-04-2012, 7:25 PM Reply   
Also I'm Warner.... Picked her up from Delaware Marine n Columbus Ohio. She's got the 550 hp Supercharged Caddy Engine. All I got to say it is like a sports car on water!!!!
Old     (chucktronics)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-04-2012, 8:51 PM Reply   
We tried both the rev 10 and the 410 , both look excellent . it is quite a bit easier to install the 8 rev 10's than the 410 method. We wanted to showcase the 410 as it had not been heard at the time and were the first available . As far as the subs are concerned ,There are 2 12 ' sealed with passive radiators . Remembering that this is a manufacture boat ,I'm not sure, no, I'm sure the air saw is NOT an option.......lol. I think you might be able to do a single 15 per side if you cut all the way to the steering support . The steering is now supported not only thy the surface that it is mounted to like
all other boats ,but has an aluminum back support that extends back to this wall about 8 inches making it extremely rigid.

sorry I don't have any pics handy of the sub segment right now . I will see when i get to my other computer . here are some pics of rev 10's only . excuse the iPhone pics.
Attached Images

Old     (ktrent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-05-2012, 1:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrousbird View Post
Rumor is a 24' MXZ may come out for model year 2013......
Heard the same rumor. I have waited this long a couple months can't hurt.
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-07-2012, 9:58 AM Reply   
^ not happening
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-07-2012, 10:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by factorykitted View Post
^ not happening
Actually my dealer verified this a few months for me, there will be a 24ft MXZ
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-07-2012, 10:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
^ not happening
Yes it is.
Old     (ktrent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-07-2012, 3:09 PM Reply   
i hope for a late summer 2012 release.
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-07-2012, 4:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yes it is.
So you're telling there is 24 MXZ to be released as a 2013 model?
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-07-2012, 4:15 PM Reply   
yes.
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-08-2012, 4:36 AM Reply   
now a 24ft MXZ, Sign me up..

Last edited by michridr69; 06-08-2012 at 4:37 AM. Reason: ..
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-08-2012, 7:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
So you're telling there is 24 MXZ to be released as a 2013 model?
Yeah, should start seeing them in Sept more than likely
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-08-2012, 9:42 AM Reply   
i wont hold my breath. i would be all over a 23 mxz
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-08-2012, 9:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
i wont hold my breath. i would be all over a 23 mxz
It's verified, I was there when he was talking to his rep at malibu. Why do a 23ft when you already have a 22ft? 24ft MXZ for 2013 is 100% happening, it's going to be one expensive boat
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-08-2012, 9:48 AM Reply   
24' is too big for most slips on my lake. 75% of the slips were made back in the direct drive ski boat days. 24 mxz will be a mackin boat for sure.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-11-2012, 3:22 PM Reply   
Took some pics 0f our wake. They're not great pics, but you get the idea.
Attached Images

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-11-2012, 3:23 PM Reply   
24.8 - 80 feet back.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-11-2012, 3:27 PM Reply   
Those bass boats must love you. Haha.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-11-2012, 3:33 PM Reply   
The second shot give you an idea for how much lip the wake has. Noticeably steeper than the LSV
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-27-2012, 1:16 PM Reply   
so you guys were right, i got confirmation that the 24 mxz will be showing up around sept, they are able to place orders now but apparently they dont have pricing yet. im sure it wont be cheap considering the engine upgrade is a must along with the mxz tax slapped on there. I have a slot but told them i cant make a commitment until i see the price. I heard they are photographing the catalog boat now so i assume pictures will be leaking sooner or later.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-27-2012, 2:46 PM Reply   
Cool! I'm almost never right!
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-27-2012, 3:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
so you guys were right, i got confirmation that the 24 mxz will be showing up around sept, they are able to place orders now but apparently they dont have pricing yet. im sure it wont be cheap considering the engine upgrade is a must along with the mxz tax slapped on there. I have a slot but told them i cant make a commitment until i see the price. I heard they are photographing the catalog boat now so i assume pictures will be leaking sooner or later.
You just made my day!! haha
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-27-2012, 7:54 PM Reply   
This thread just makes me want an MXZ even more - probably my favorite wakeboat currently. I love the styling, size, features, and the wake just looks awesome (not that my unskilled ass needs a wakeboard wake that big, but the surf wakes some folks are getting look really nice).

Maybe in a few years after the prices come down to reasonable levels.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-02-2012, 7:24 AM Reply   
more shots of the MXZ. The first wake shot is slammed, the second shot is stock plus a little extra.
Attached Images

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-02-2012, 7:25 AM Reply   
The wake stay lippy and clean as far back as you want to ride.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-02-2012, 8:23 AM Reply   
J-rod - good seeing you guys out there sat - I was the Black n Grey SAN 210 launching at the same time as you @ Orwood when it was nice and quiet.
The MXZ is looking rediK!
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-02-2012, 8:33 AM Reply   
when i rode one i was impressed with everything except the power, an upgraded engine would be really nice to have
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-02-2012, 11:01 AM Reply   
how much water are you in in the last pic? this is my first inboard and im always paranoid and try to stay waist deep in back.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-05-2012, 11:27 AM Reply   
The stern is in waste deep water. The front of the hull is sitting on sand.

J.B. Hows the Xstar?

We've got the LS3 Corvette motor. We were just discussing the other day how the MXZ with the LS3 rivals the wake of the 8.1 Xstar. The wakes are nearly identical.
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       07-05-2012, 3:09 PM Reply   
Im ready to see the 247 MXZ wake!
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-05-2012, 10:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Took some pics 0f our wake. They're not great pics, but you get the idea.
Look at that bass boat lean. They have to be loving you guys