Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (alMN)      Join Date: Apr 2015       05-07-2015, 7:51 AM Reply   
Hey everyone. So I just demoed a 2015 Moomba Mondo with the Raptor engine. First things first, this 20'6" boat has the room of a 22' boat. It was just three of us in the boat and I never even slightly felt squished in there.

So here is my question. With the auto flow my assumption was fill all the ballast 100% (2,300 lbs total - pretty sure it was 600s in the rear lockers, 500 center, 600 bow) and then pick the side you want to surf and that's it. However when we did this the wave was terrible. It wasn't until we emptied the bow & center to 50% and then port full, star 75% did the wave clean up. Which completely defeats the auto flow in my opinion. We had a pretty big bow rise (ie my 5'2" wife would have to stand to see over the bow) and even with that it didn't clean up all that well.

So a few questions to those with the auto flow system on the Mondo.
1. What set up do you run and do you have video/pitures of what you get from those setups? It seems that this boat should have a better wave that what we saw. We also demoed a Tige RZR with the AVX system and that was one of the cleanest wakes that I have seen.

2. Are there settings within the computer that we should have set differently?

3. How much would a windy day affect the surf wave? I know for boarding that on our lake once we get 15ish mph winds wakeboarding is a nightmare on the knees. But I thought you could surf still even when pretty windy??

4. Am I jumping to conclusions by kind of ruling out the Mondo or was it just that we had a bad trip out and the rep didn't really have the boat dialed in for us?

I have a video from my phone that I tried to get up here but I can't get it small enough to be under the size requirements.