Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (dfowkes)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-30-2016, 9:30 PM Reply   
I need some help. All the boats look great. I want a boat that has a great surf wake and can take 2 families out comfortably. I've looked at so many and can't decide. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-30-2016, 10:45 PM Reply   
Shoot for another 5 grand I'll sell you mine!
When you say 2 families how many people are you intending to have on your boat regularly?
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-31-2016, 4:44 AM Reply   
Centurion ri 237
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-31-2016, 6:24 AM Reply   
I'd look at the Malibu 23LSV as well
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-31-2016, 6:54 AM Reply   
Sounds like a good problem to have thats a really nice budget ! I just sold my 2016 Supra SE to get ready to order a 2017 this will be my third SE I've owned. I have loved them huge boat handles great and surfs even better. I would for sure put that on your radar as a boat to check out especially with wanting to take a couple families out. The bow on it is huge and will give you a lot more room than a traditional bow. Good luck with your search !!

Last edited by Shane10p; 08-31-2016 at 7:00 AM.
Old     (BLucas86)      Join Date: Apr 2016       08-31-2016, 7:38 AM Reply   
A loaded Tige Z3 should be attainable in that budget. Killer surf wave, lots of amenities onboard to make a day on the water that much more enjoyable for your family and guests, and a killer looking boat.

If you have any used interest, there are some VERY clean used Z3's up for grabs on the Tige Owners forum.

Good luck in your search.
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       08-31-2016, 7:51 AM Reply   
+1 for the Supra SE. We bought our new 15' SE450 leftover well within that budget. I hear the Z3 surfs awesome, but with two families(depending on size) that might get a little cramped on a Z3.

We regularly have 8-10 out on our SE and really like the room of the 24.5 footer. And I can confirm the bow is MASSIVE
Old     (dDubya)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-31-2016, 9:12 AM Reply   
The new Supra boats are incredible. I'll put my surf wave up against any wake boat. Comfort, handling, fit/finish, efficiency, and the tremendous wave can't be beat.

Last edited by dDubya; 08-31-2016 at 9:14 AM. Reason: pic
Old     (dfowkes)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-31-2016, 10:00 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input.
Old     (dDubya)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-31-2016, 10:07 AM Reply   
You're in Chico! I'm on Lake Oroville almost every weekend. We have a solid crew there: '16 23LSV, '15 FS33, '15 X23, Avalanche, my SG450. Happy to take you out on any of them.
Old     (Jn94defender)      Join Date: Mar 2013       08-31-2016, 11:27 AM Reply   
Have you driven a G21/23? I get 8-10 people comfortably in my G21 all the time.
Old     (Jimmyjim)      Join Date: Oct 2016       10-03-2016, 9:42 PM Reply   
Dan,

It seems you have ridden behind quite a few boats.

What's the best wave you have seen unlisted - starboard side?
My wife and I both ride goofy.

G23,RZX and Supra are on my list.......

Last edited by Jimmyjim; 10-03-2016 at 9:44 PM. Reason: Typo
Old     (dDubya)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-03-2016, 10:45 PM Reply   
Yep, I would say all three. I'm a little partial to my SG though. The stock goofy wave is crazy good and uses less than 5gph. As with the other boats, the wave on both sides is infinitely adjustable with the Swell System and Smartplate. We go from giant, steep, and meaty, to big, round, and skimmy, in seconds. The RZX wave is money too. It's a good cross between a steep Tige Z3 wave and a slammed Surf gate wave.
Old     (Jimmyjim)      Join Date: Oct 2016       10-04-2016, 9:37 AM Reply   
Dan,

Thanks for the reply.
I plan on a few demos this spring, Trying to narrow it down as much as possible.

Thankfully both dealers here are really good.

Have you had any time in an SA?
We don't typically have a large crew and the slightly smaller boat would be great, if the wave is there.
Old     (dDubya)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-04-2016, 9:42 AM Reply   
In my opinion, the SA is one of the best looking boats on the water, and yes, she surfs REAL good. I have some picks I'll try and dig up. The rear surf storage is incredible convenient.
Old     (Jimmyjim)      Join Date: Oct 2016       10-05-2016, 4:55 PM Reply   
Would love to see some photos.

Seen a few other people complain about the goofy side wave on the SA.

Be interesting to see if the new Autowake system helps with any of that.

My R20 is a great boat, but now that we are 95% surfing, time for an upgrade.
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-07-2016, 8:20 AM Reply   
You should take a look at Diggs SA in the classifieds. That boats loaded and will save you some decent money with all of the upgrades he has on it. I know he has a bunch of surf wave photos also.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-07-2016, 8:35 AM Reply   
Don,
Here is mine. I just dropped the price to $89,900 if you are looking for a screaming deal. I have to close on a house soon so need to get it moved along and looks like you are close by. There should be one or two wave pics on the link, but I am sure I have others...

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/boa/5793737144.html
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       10-08-2016, 9:18 AM Reply   
No one mentions MB. Save you $20K, get you a better surf wake, sacrifice nothing on build quality. MB F24 has a dance floor for a cockpit and bow, has Raptor power, and has GoSurfAssist tabs. The surf wake is ridic when dialed correctly. I have ridden all of them. Nothing is better.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       10-17-2016, 5:09 PM Reply   
For my opinion with your budget i'll go with Super Air Nautique (they are the cream of the cream) or Tige maybe the new RZX2 that boat is just a surf beast. Super air nautique for me its more allaround (excellent surf, excellent wakeboard, good look, good quality) Tige boats are reputated for surf. Like i said they are simply surf beast if you want to surf 95% of the time go Tige all the way but its a little bit more complicated because of the hull sensibility you have to play a little more with ballast settings and calibrate the right weight for your wake but once you know how any other boat can compete with tige surf wave haha sorry. BUT i dont say others dont have excelent waves too! Every other boat can have kind of the same wave, but if you look harder you gonna realize Tige use approx. 50% less weight than others. for exemple You gonna have like 1800lbs of total ballast in your tige and for an equivalent wave malibu need at least 3500.. trust me its a really good gas saver! Its really your personal choice you have to test drove them but with that budget.. you never gonna be disapointed haha any choice you make you gonna be glad for sure. Supra are amazing too, its really a matter of what you want to do with. If you want to surf more go Tige. If you want to ride with poeple and do a little bit of everything go supra or Super Air Nautique if you like to flash and pay a little more for look and gadget. good thing to remember too is the dealership, try to buy a boat near you because i will have to return there for every repair or anything so buying a boat because of a good deal but the only dealer is 5hours away.. not really a good idea! Anyway good luck and have fun!