Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (denverlove)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-31-2011, 3:04 PM Reply   
I bet we could have all put money on that!

Pro Men:

Pro Women:

Wakeskate:
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-01-2011, 9:02 AM Reply   
Congrats to all the winners! Amber is winning everything this year......wow!
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-01-2011, 9:07 AM Reply   
Can this rivalry get any more awesome?
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-01-2011, 9:23 AM Reply   
Holy sheeeet, I just saw Harley's run. The kid SLAYED IT. Throwing down all those 9s and mobe 5s in such rough water is truly amazing. I really can't believe how easy 900s are for Harley. He always has at least 2 of them in his run, and when I see him do one, it doesn't look like a 900 because it's just so effortless. I've seen him do back-to-back 1080s with dumpers and back to back whirly dicks. How long until he's doing that in competition? It's easy to see why some people were ready to write off Phil this season and put the crown on Harley's head, but I expect Phil to come right back at him when it matters most.

Are there any videos up of Phil's run?

Also, I think my 2011 Harley setup looks better than that 2012 setup he's rocking .

Last edited by TheHebrewHammer; 08-01-2011 at 9:30 AM.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-01-2011, 12:58 PM Reply   
where is the video to their runs?
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-01-2011, 1:01 PM Reply   
Here's Harley's:

http://wakeboardingmag.com/videos/20...s-winning-run/

Haven't found a vid of Phil's
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-01-2011, 1:03 PM Reply   
I found it.
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-01-2011, 1:48 PM Reply   
Thanks for sharing the info but next time please do not put the spoiler in the thread title. Maybe title it .......Nationals Results!!!!!

I was waiting to watch this on TV.

Thanks!

Great Job Harley!!!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-01-2011, 2:08 PM Reply   
Uhh...you probably shouldn't have logged on to Wakeworld then. lol
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-01-2011, 5:26 PM Reply   
Can/do U.S. riders compete in the Australian National Championships? Or any other country's for that matter?
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-01-2011, 5:38 PM Reply   
Rough water and all he made it look too easy.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-02-2011, 1:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
Can/do U.S. riders compete in the Australian National Championships? Or any other country's for that matter?
Can anyone answer this question?
Old     (denverlove)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-02-2011, 2:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
Can anyone answer this question?
I'm not 100% sure. The pros travel all over to compete, but I do think National competitions are for residents of that country only. The Australians (Harley, Amber), Canadians (Rusty), Africans (Nicola), etc. that competed in our Nationals all live here and it did say it was open to US residents only.

I just looked up the Aussie Nationals from this year and only Australian residents competed.
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-04-2011, 9:59 AM Reply   
I'm pretty sure anyone can compete from any country. But the National standings are only for the riders of that country. In other words, if Rathy would have won, 1st place in the comp., he wouldn't be the national champ. It would go to the next US resident.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-04-2011, 8:38 PM Reply   
I don't think that is accurate, Harley won, he is the National Champ, with AUS next to his name. My question is do riders from the U.S. compete in other country's National Championships? Also, why is placing at Nationals required for advancement to Worlds for all the other divisions other than Pro? If this was done for Pro, it would make other country's Nationals mean more, give more riders a shot at representing their country, and give more unknown U.S. riders an opportunity to break-in and have a better shot at representing their country at Nationals. Especially with talk of Olympic opportunity, this seems like a major kink in the chain. Nationals is just another King of Wake stop for the Pro division, so you're right, there really is no National Champion, it's just another competition the Pros attend.