Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (gabriel63)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-22-2014, 7:44 PM Reply   
I need some help with a 2003 calabria pro v boat that has pure vert system( my friend just bought it). By stering to the right theres a switch thats say open/close next to the switch is a light that never lights up. On the back of the boat there are 2 circles I think they are called gates they stay open never close is that suppose to be like that? And last the front of the boat and up by the drivers feet it got soaken wet after a day at the lake Any answers would help.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-22-2014, 8:25 PM Reply   
on the drivers side on the outside of the boat is where that boat vents air when the ballast is filling. I'd follow the vent hose down to the tank if possible and make sure its connected and clamped tight. It sounds like that hose isn't connected and tank is possibly draining into the hull because of it. The gates should be closed when the switch says closed. Right now your with your system not working properly every time you stop the boat the ballast is filling up and every time you take off it is draining itself. The system works by flooding and gravity like this: Gates closed no water enters the tanks. To fill tanks stop boat open gates, water floods into tanks air is vented out the side, once full close gates to trap water and weight boat. To drain tanks open gates and come up to speed, after about 2 min tanks would be gravity drained and you would want to close gates so that when you stop the boat wouldn't take water in again. You need to make sure that theres power to those switches and power from the switches to the gates.

Last edited by bass10after; 07-22-2014 at 8:29 PM.
Old     (gabriel63)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-22-2014, 8:44 PM Reply   
ok thanks but what is the light next to the switch for? and when the gates are closed can u see the gates closed when the boat is out of the water?
Old     (TomH)      Join Date: Jan 2014       07-23-2014, 5:49 AM Reply   
If your vent line is attached snugly, the water in the bow area/drivers feet could be a broken heater core (if the boat has a heater). When they crack they leak water, and they're typically up near the driver's foot well.
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-23-2014, 6:11 AM Reply   
Yes you can see the gates when they are closed. The will get stuck from time to time. I don't know but you might be able to open them manually to get them to start working again. Tom is right, if you have a heater most likely your heater core is broke. Can you take a pic of the light?
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-23-2014, 8:30 AM Reply   
The light isnt the warning light for the Vdrive is it? Maybe the sticker got removed. Also check the inline fuse for the gates, if you have only 1 switch to operate both gates and theyve been open for a while and got stuck it can blow that fuse. I wired switches to both of my gates so i could control them seperately. I think in like 2004 they started doing that from the factory.
Old     (gabriel63)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-23-2014, 8:22 PM Reply   
Ok we hit the ballast switch again now only one gate closes. How do I get the other gate to close manually pull on it? And I will check this weekend to see if it's the heater core leaking. Thanks so much for all the info.
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-23-2014, 9:45 PM Reply   
If you remove the rear panel you can force it closed, might just be stuck. I also had to replace one of mine. ( http://www.barkermfg.com/autodrain.html )Not too bad of a job though about 30 minutes. I also had to replace my heater core too. Got one locally from NAPA auto parts for like 30-40 bucks.