Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-24-2011, 8:36 AM Reply   
Went out yesterday and before I even left the dock I noticed a small water spot just below the throttle. Thought nothing of it. As the day continues the water spot expands and as I'm driving actually forms a puddle against my driver's seat. Also noticed it coming from under my sub a little bit. It was nothing too concerning, but I don't really like water in my boat unless I planned for it. The spot never really grew more than the area just around my seat, but it was enough to splash if I stomped down. Any ideas?

Last edited by hawk22; 07-24-2011 at 8:38 AM. Reason: added amount of wet area
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       07-24-2011, 8:47 AM Reply   
Maybe the pitot tube for the speedometer? If you weren't moving prior to the water coming in then I guess it would have to be something else.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-24-2011, 8:51 AM Reply   
If you have a heater, the core might be toast....
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-25-2011, 7:13 AM Reply   
Would the heater still work if the core was leaking? my kids were using heater most of day. So I assume if I need to check heater core, I should remove the sub box, then look for leaks at the heater? prob need to do while on the water?
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       07-25-2011, 7:33 AM Reply   
Yeah, the heater could still be somewhat effective if the leak was small. Usually they develop pin holes. You could have it welded up at a radiator shop but it can be cheaper and easier to buy a core from an auto parts store. If it's a Heatercraft heater then they use one from some Ford if I remember correctly. Search a little bit and you should be able to find the vehicle year and model needed to lookup the correct part.
Old     (chexi)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-25-2011, 2:09 PM Reply   
This symptom is almost always a broken/pierced heater core. Unless you really need the heater, just rip it out and put in a $1.50 double hose barb nipple between the 2 hoses.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-25-2011, 3:30 PM Reply   
So does your boat have a paddlewheel or pitot tubes for the speedos?

Is the water your splashing around in by your seat warm? Or cold?
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-26-2011, 8:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel View Post
If you have a heater, the core might be toast....
That is my guess.....
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-27-2011, 7:22 AM Reply   
paddlewheel i believe

water felt a little warm. I will check the heater core