Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (r8rbob)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-25-2007, 2:34 PM Reply   
I'm looking to buy a new wakeboard. I like Hyperlite, but I'm open for any other brands. I'm 6'0 and 190 lbs. Looking for a more advanced board. Any suggestions?
Old    murrayair            03-25-2007, 2:55 PM Reply   
Anything in particular you are looking for in a board that would help narrow the choices down a bit? There are a lot of good Hyperlite boards, but they all ride differently.
Old     (beastmaster)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-25-2007, 4:20 PM Reply   
The 3DS. I am about the same size as you. Some things I like about the board is that it is fast, the landings are soft, and when you put some .7 A-wing fins on you are good to go. You still have plenty of control. What board do you ride now?
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-25-2007, 5:18 PM Reply   
you have to be more descriptive in what you like about a board. For example Chris nominated the 3DS, but I hate the the 3DS. There is no board that will suit everyone. If I had to recommend a board for you it will be the o'brien natural 139
Old     (beastmaster)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-25-2007, 9:21 PM Reply   
Benjamin. What did you hate about the 3DS?
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-25-2007, 10:14 PM Reply   
what boards have you ridden?

what did you like/dislike about them?

what are you riding now?

why are you considering a new board?
Old     (r8rbob)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-26-2007, 10:42 PM Reply   
Guys,
Sorry about the lack of info. here. I'm new at this discussion board and I think it's awesome! I appreciate all your input. I have ridden Hyperlite State, Premier and CWB boards. I wanted to find something with POP and a soft landing and something that is more advanced than intermediate. I'm 6'0 and 190 lbs. Any suggestions?
Old    innov8actionsports.com            03-27-2007, 8:23 AM Reply   
The 07 CWB Transcend 142cm is worth a demo for sure!! It has great pop, great speed, soft landings.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-27-2007, 8:35 AM Reply   
Shameless Plug - We have closeouts at very good prices at www.DWCBoardShop.com

3DS - $179
Ricky G - $179
Platinum Transend - $299

to name a few.
Old     (gimp990)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-27-2007, 11:09 AM Reply   
Man it is always ither hyperlite or CWB. Are there no liquid force fans around here?

The liquid force shane is amazing. I just got lucky when i decided to buy it because every aspect of that board is what i have always wanted in a wakeboard, it fit me better than i thought it would. But man i bet i read the description of every board that was on the market in 06 and that was the only one that had everything i wanted. So just do your research and you will find something that will fit you perfect. How did you like the set up on wakeside.com?
Old     (r8rbob)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-27-2007, 5:54 PM Reply   
Hey Gimp990, I went to wakeside.com and I saw the different brands. I took your advice and e-mailed them last night and guess what? PJ at wakeside recommended the Hyperlite Premier or the Liquid Force PS3. So the answer to your question about "are there no Liquid Force fans around here?"........well eveidently at Wakeside.com there is. I'm gonna see if I can Demo that PS3. I appreciate your help man, good job! Thanks!
Old     (gimp990)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-27-2007, 8:37 PM Reply   
Man no problem just glad to help.