Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-02-2007, 2:04 PM Reply   
So I just got off the phone with Colin Ryan, one of my Minnesota Boys and a superstar wake shredder. He informed me that last week during a 4 day trip to wonderful Orlando, two hours after he got off the plane, he is pretty sure he blew his out his knee on a toe 9! He had to sit in Orlando for 3 days and think about it, thank god for alcohol! What a bummer, he is going in for a MRI on Monday, but from the sounds of things his knee is done for.

Hate to share bad news, but I know it will make Colin feel some what better to know that all his fellow wakeworlders are routing for a fast recovery!
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-02-2007, 2:11 PM Reply   
that really sucks, Andy....

I've seen all the riding pic/vids you've posted of Colin....that dood rides with some serious amplitude!

hope you heal fast, Colin!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-02-2007, 2:39 PM Reply   
Damn I've had the chance to see him ride in person and he takes everything into the flats, his blind judge is just plain sick... Colin, good luck with your rehab, looking forward to riding with you again next year when the tour comes to the Twin Cities.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-02-2007, 3:06 PM Reply   
yeah, I don;t know Colin personally, but I love watching that guy ride.

Sorry to hear about his set back. At least it's winter right?
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-02-2007, 3:40 PM Reply   
Damn Andy, after reading some of your posts, if the man of steel can blow his knee out, anyone can. Also loved watching the vids you posted of him riding. Hope he has a speedy recovery.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-02-2007, 5:00 PM Reply   
Bummer Andy, but not surprising. That guy goes huge! You better watch out also, I've seen pics and you have a tendency to go rather large also!!
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-02-2007, 6:21 PM Reply   
Hey Colin, man, that sucks! Hope you have a speedy recovery but don't overdo it too soon!!
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-02-2007, 7:18 PM Reply   
Colin, is a killer rider to watch in all the videos you have posted over the years. Hope and pray for a speedy recovery. Andy tell him it ant no thing but a chicken wing he will be back out there killing it before he knows it.

(Message edited by twakess on November 02, 2007)
Old     (beastmaster)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-02-2007, 7:21 PM Reply   
Squid. Whats-up
Old     (trewblu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-02-2007, 7:22 PM Reply   
what a rip off!!!!!!
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-02-2007, 7:28 PM Reply   
sorry for the hi-jack. Nothing Chris call me we will go take over the houseboat for the winter.}
Old    kc700            11-02-2007, 10:55 PM Reply   
I spoke to colin shortly after the injury and to his credit he seemed pretty upbeat. I think that just goes to show what a great attitude he has. I had the opportunity to spend a bit of time with colin and andy and i would challenge anyone to find a better set of ambassadors for minn. wakeboarding then those two gentlemen. Sucks to see that type of thing happen to anyone, but colin especially. Hope the recovery is a speedy one. later.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-03-2007, 8:31 AM Reply   
Its a major bummer, but J-rod is right at least its the off season. i will let you guys know what colin tells me on monday about his MRI.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-03-2007, 8:33 AM Reply   
fast recovery from one Minnesota (born) guy to another!! Some good times riding out on White Bear Lake over there!!
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-05-2007, 5:07 PM Reply   
Yeah man, I am surprised he did it on a toe 9 and not one of his MASSIVE hoochie to blinds. He's got those things dialed and on lock!
Old     (funkyhomosapien)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-05-2007, 6:55 PM Reply   
Thanks to all for the positive wishes. MRI is pending. I feel fortunate that my knee held up this long if it rquires surgery. I believe soon Ryan Taylor is going to post some stellar footage and shots he and Kyle Chattin took this past August of some Minnesotan's.
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-05-2007, 10:09 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/517472.html?1194329151

Posted!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-06-2007, 6:04 PM Reply   
Talked to Colin He has a Deep bone bruise, chipped a bunch of bones on the inside of his knee, and some cartilage damage, but no knife and a much faster recovery!
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-06-2007, 8:08 PM Reply   
good to hear!