Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (RonBurgundy)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-15-2013, 4:11 PM Reply   
Anyone have this issue? I've read all about people having issues with it draining randomly, but my bag has a check valve,on it and it doesn't have that issue.....just cruising around for 20-30 minutes with it empty I will pull up the seat and see that the bag is randomly completely full

Any ideas what to check out? Boat is a 2013 a22
Old     (rasorjb)      Join Date: Nov 2011       06-16-2013, 9:04 AM Reply   
What kind of pump are you using? Your impeller could be bad and letting water pass through...
Old     (RonBurgundy)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-16-2013, 8:20 PM Reply   
The factory ones.....honestly haven't pulled them to check
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-17-2013, 8:42 AM Reply   
If your A22 uses the same as Malibu which in mine is a shurflow, they let water through when your running. It may do the same with other cartridge type pumps. Both my bow and middle tank will fill while underway if I don't have the through hull valves closed.
Old     (rugbyballa3)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-17-2013, 10:57 AM Reply   
yes they run the shurflows. i want to upgrade mine too fill and drain faster. i dont have the filling problem because i only run with full ballast. all my sacks leak out some but thats cause i over fill them. and the pressure pushes some water out.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-17-2013, 11:52 AM Reply   
Check your vented loops, this is what will stop water from entering your bags. Axis uses aerator pumps, they will not stop water from flowing into them. This is why they use vented loops, they should be mounted as high up as possible. Aerator pumps do not have a rubber impeller like the Johnson or Jabsco pumps, these will stop water from entering the bags.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-17-2013, 11:54 AM Reply   
Sounds like the thru-hull fittings are in a place that allows water to be forced up through and into the sacs. Do you find that it fills when cruising at low speeds when the bow is high? You are probably going to be forced to close the ball valves to prevent the passive filling.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-17-2013, 12:18 PM Reply   
Spencer, are the vented loops supposed to stop this from happening?
Old     (RonBurgundy)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-20-2013, 2:31 PM Reply   
they do not come with a vented loop on the front.....i would have to create one myself, but shouldnt be too hard.
Old     (matt75)      Join Date: Nov 2010       06-20-2013, 2:43 PM Reply   
why not just install a one way valve on the drain hose for front PNP?
Old     (RonBurgundy)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-20-2013, 2:45 PM Reply   
its not the drain that is an issue.....the drain comes from the factory with a check valve on it....

the fill is the issue
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-20-2013, 11:05 PM Reply   
The check valve is on the fill line on the front bag to prevent passive draining or any siphoning that may occur. The vented loop will not fix the issue but running the hose in a less direct way and a little higher may create enough restriction to stop the passive filling.
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       06-21-2013, 10:51 AM Reply   
Travis is spot on here.

I just had to replace the center hard tank fill pump (motor burned up) and while in there I must have mess with the bow sac vent loop. Just yesterday I was pulling my rider and all of a sudden I was getting water in my face and that sac was overflowing.
Old     (RonBurgundy)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-22-2013, 8:31 PM Reply   
The fill is what would need a vented loop......the drain is as short as possible as its gravity fed.....otherwise the damn thing would never drain