Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (cprfab)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-05-2011, 6:37 PM Reply   
For those of you who were unable to make the BUMP events in 2010 here are some of the build pics and video for my boat that was overhauled at Chucktronics during the off season.

Product:
Alpine H/U
Zapco Dsp-6
4 Arc 2300 SE amplifiers
Arc 4000SE amplifier
3 PR. Dynaudio Interior components
2 Digital Designs 3512 subs
3 pr. of Wetsounds Pro 80's
12 6 Volt Batteries
And a couple L.E.D.'s

video link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7r7WqqwSUA
Attached Images

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-05-2011, 6:59 PM Reply   
Everything about this system is class. High end equipment with a very clean install. Loved the video of the LED's, very, very, very nice!
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-05-2011, 7:37 PM Reply   
Excellent work. Mind sharing a parts list on the LED stuff?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-05-2011, 7:42 PM Reply   
Gunner was one of the first guys playing and the last to shut it down at 2 Am You rock. O and by the way did anyone notice the ARC 4000SE. mounted long ways in the Hot BOX aka the passenger seet. That boat is pretty bad A$$. Also the WetSounds Full Plexy Grill's Its hard to see but the wetsound grills are CNC machined from a solid piece of plexy and frosted. Its somthing that you might not even notice but is cool as hell. One last thing His boat and Ryans were linked together with Sound and Lights the Led systems on both boats were in sync.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-05-2011, 8:06 PM Reply   
Is one of the 2300's running the interiors and one to each pair of Pro80's? Is the 4000 actually running 4000 watts at 1 ohm or 2300 at 2 ohms?
Old     (cprfab)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-05-2011, 8:18 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. I'm going to post some more pics when I get back to the computer.

Brett you are correct all the 2300's are running 2ohm one to the inside, one to each pair of 80's and the 4000 is at 1ohm to the two twelves
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-05-2011, 8:26 PM Reply   
That's an awesome install, like it alot. Ryan said I couldn't run a 13w7 ported under the dash (was recommending a 10") but managed to fit 2-12's ported hahahaha.

Last edited by 05mobiuslsv; 01-05-2011 at 8:28 PM.
Old     (cprfab)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-05-2011, 8:36 PM Reply   
Nubu it's a super tight fit with no wiggle room and the box is a beast, I know I lost the pics I had of it I'll have to see if Ryan has some
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-06-2011, 6:47 AM Reply   
Wow - this might be one of nicer systems to date on wakeworld. Those Arc Audio Amp's are some of the best amps on the market.

Great work Chucktronics - I think this shows that you can use 6v in any system top to bottom.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-06-2011, 7:14 AM Reply   
If something else is louder then exactly how could you tell without a meter? My ears are ringing from looking at the photos. I also like the symmetry of the system. Multiple but identical tower speakers. One woofer origin. Although I know that system could not have been cheap, someone could spend a lot more and fall way short in performance. Nice design and job.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (cprfab)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-06-2011, 7:58 AM Reply   
Thanks David and Murph

The entire boat was re-carpeted and rebuilt.older dingy carpet ,etc........

Removed ballast tanks from rear so the battery boxes could fit under seat and be less burden on the rear storage areas.

Welded tower joints and two -tone powder coated

Powdercoated all grab handles etc...

Painted all through hole fittings

Re-constructed the interior side panels (used to be plastic)

Painted factory dash pieces.
Attached Images

Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-06-2011, 8:03 AM Reply   
What type of on-shore charger are you using......a turbine???
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-06-2011, 8:35 AM Reply   
That thing has come a long way since I last saw it. Very good job on the product selecation and install.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-06-2011, 1:39 PM Reply   
Well done Gunner. I was hoping you would get a video of your boat up on wakeworld after seeing it at Bump. Cheers to another busy year.
Old     (cprfab)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-07-2011, 8:19 PM Reply   
Figured I'd throw up some pics

Front ballast tank was removed, built battery box for two dedicated boat batteries and supports for new seat base floor (now has added storage for anchor, extra ropes, ect.)

Pic of the port side rear battery box to illustrate how low and forward the boxes are

Built new walkway panels minus the pocket with the port side open to help ventilate amps

And half the Pro 80's unlit
Attached Images

Old     (cprfab)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-07-2011, 8:37 PM Reply   
I stole this from Ryan, so here's some video for you house music haters : http://www.gallery.me.com/chucktronics#100510

Click the first video in the movies section
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-07-2011, 9:54 PM Reply   
sweet dude!!!
Old     (chucktronics)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-12-2011, 6:42 PM Reply   
Here are some pics of the grills and cupholder rings used in this particular install. They are machined from polycarbonate which is stronger and less likely to "yellow" over time. The cupholder rings are 2 pieces with the RGB's placed inside then sealed . We worked with Tim and the guys at Wetsounds to make sure that the stainless cross will overlay perfectly to the grill if anybody wanted to apply them for a different look.Notice that the grills fit in exactly as the factory ones do, this allowing light projection straight back and not to have the grill sticking out from the enclosure keeping the cosmetic lines of the enclosure intact .

Attached Images

Old     (pdqwrx)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-13-2011, 12:28 AM Reply   
As with most everything done by Chucktronics....Top Notch!

Gunnar, thanks for your support!

Scott

Last edited by pdqwrx; 01-13-2011 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-13-2011, 8:34 AM Reply   
love those polycarb rings!
Old     (arrydjay)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-14-2011, 11:30 PM Reply   
dude, what about when you want to actually go wakeboarding with your wakesetter? you have no ballast left??....super slick install but....love the DMX control..
Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       01-17-2011, 1:07 PM Reply   
what are we talking about cost wise for the DMX control? Would someone just please put together a RGB controller kit already
Old     (cprfab)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-17-2011, 8:15 PM Reply   
Jarryd- the way i figure it the batteries offer more weight than the factory ballast (factory 250 lbs. per side, batteries 400) which was more than enough for me and 90% of the riders behind my boat. Currently the wake is the best its been since I bought the boat and started doing stereo upgrades. If I'm surfing I've got 800 lbs. of pop-it bags to get what I need for a wake and if thats not enough I've got some fat friends I'll toss to one side...lol

UNvisible- currently I'm using a pro quality dmx lighting controller with multiple dmx decoders (which adds complexity for the end user), in its current form I have 6 zones that can be separately controlled. With that controller set-up, rolls of rgb lighting and polycarbonate grills and cup holders i'm probably in the $4000+ installed range with lighting, I'm not sure most people are willing to spend that but if there is give Ryan a call...lol. The more basic rgb controllers and the associated lighting would be more reasonably priced
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-17-2011, 9:19 PM Reply   
Would have been cool if you either built those battery boxes in the rear lockers so they allowed for a custom sack to be made, basically pushed the batteries to either side so it would be easy to get a sack made. Or made it so it was hidden, basically cover the entire floor so it would be a flat surface to put a big sack. that was you still had the ballast option.
otherwise sweet build man, big props!
Old     (cprfab)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-17-2011, 10:06 PM Reply   
It would be very easy to add sacks (maybe a 400 think a 750 would be too big) if I wanted to, the battery boxes are nearly even with the trim panels of the back seat which is what I wanted so I could gain some storage over having my old battery boxes above the factory ballast tanks.
Old     (arrydjay)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-18-2011, 12:04 AM Reply   
How do you use the DMX controller, is it sound activated or do you have to program in each lighting effect?
Old     (cprfab)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-18-2011, 9:57 AM Reply   
Everything needs to be programmed. There are lighting sequences that are triggered thru music but that's also a programmed scene with the beat progressing the scene, such as in the posted videos, rather than it just running at a set speed
Old     (DMeyersLT)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-18-2011, 11:23 AM Reply   
Very nice boat and install so clean!!!
Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       01-18-2011, 2:51 PM Reply   
what sort of interface do you use to program it? is there software included? Sounds like an awesome project.
Old     (cprfab)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-18-2011, 4:37 PM Reply   
Currently its a manually manipulated dmx board, no computer needed. All the programming is stored internally on the controller itself

Last edited by cprfab; 01-18-2011 at 4:41 PM.
Old     (arrydjay)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-29-2011, 1:37 PM Reply   
Any chance of a video of how you work that DMX Board? pleaseeeeee
Old     (chucktronics)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-31-2011, 7:43 AM Reply   
The board looks like a large audio mixer . You create scenes by using the sliders up and down to create colors at the various locations around your boat . Once you have created a single scene ,you then move on and create another ,and another,and another . ...........

Depending on the unit of choice ,you may save up to as many as 1000 steps .once complete ,just save and load to receiver in boat . now your ready to go and can configure to follow the sound via frequency and/or bass notes etc......

These can be midi controlled via the mixer from factorykitted spinning beats on the boat ......
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-31-2011, 8:16 AM Reply   
Could you control them using Vestax TR1?
Old     (chucktronics)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-01-2011, 6:42 AM Reply   
Brian -
Are you running with a mac or windows ? There are a couple ways to tie them together through midi, regular audio in with bass,mid, treble ,or a plug-in directly to the program being used so you simply put another usb output device for lighting and it will identify all within the mac os x or windows system. The only downside to running the plug-in is if you dont have computer with you have no fancy light (only static)
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-01-2011, 6:13 PM Reply   
Gunnar -pm sent

Last edited by murphy_smith; 02-01-2011 at 6:15 PM.