Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       11-16-2009, 9:28 PM Reply   
I have a 2005 Centurion Elite V C4 and was trying to figure out the best way to drain the 1/2 tank that is in it.
I tried putting a syphon hose down the fill hose but it wont get into the tank. Seems like maybe there is a baffle or something at the top of the tank.
Any ideas? Has anybody done this on a newer boat?
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-16-2009, 10:48 PM Reply   
Disconnect the pressure side of the pump. Put a hose on it and into a container. Get power to the pump. Turn the pump off when it quits flowing.
There may be fuel that sprays or spills from the line when you disconnect it so don't have a lamp or heat source near it. Make sure your connection won't pop off when you turn on the pump to drain it.

Why are you trying to drain it?
You could also remove the fuel level sender and remove the fuel from that opening.
Old     (roomservice)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-17-2009, 6:28 AM Reply   
the simplest way i've found is to fish a hose thru the hull drain plug opening* and into the top of the tank, just remove one of the fittings**, and siphon*** it out. you cant usually go up and over the gunnel, apparently physics wont let you.****

*first remove boat from water
**no smoking
***do not inhale gasoline or the fumes
****do not do anything dangerous or harmful to yourself, others, equipment, or the environment or anything that would cause me to be liable for any advice given. Always wear proper safety/protective gear, and dont powerturn. this has been a public service announcement.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-17-2009, 7:13 AM Reply   
Sean why drain it? Fill it up and add Stabil to the tank and leave it if your done for the season.
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       11-17-2009, 8:30 AM Reply   
Because Razzman that would be too easy...ha ha.
I was wanting to drain it because I had plans on going out one more time but didnt. Now the gas has set in there for a few months already.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       11-17-2009, 8:45 AM Reply   
The best way that I have found to empty the fuel tank on my boat is by asking a couple of friends to go to the lake with me. We add about 2,000 #'s on top of the stock ballast and go wakeboarding for the afternoon. PRESTO! The tank is empty, often before we make it back to the dock...
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-17-2009, 9:09 AM Reply   
Gas in there for a few months? U should be alright. I've let gas sit in my car for longer than that and never had an issue. I think it's gonna be too big a mess if you try to drain it.

Even if you do get it out, what are you going to do with it?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-17-2009, 9:14 AM Reply   
Jabsco make a few pump's. Use one that's made for gas. The Jabsco pump that you use to change oil in you boat will get destroyed if you run gas threw it.
Dont ever try the Suck the gas start a syphon threw the hose thing. You will get gas in your mouth and it will take day's for the taste of gas to leave your mouth. Yuck ist so sick I have done it before and its the worst
Old    atom_ant            11-17-2009, 10:30 AM Reply   
http://www.safetysiphon.net/

I had some questionable gas that sat for a couple months one time due to issues with the boat. I had the safety siphon and just pulled my truck up next to my boat and had a full tank of gas in my truck! I figured the gas wasn't "bad", but I didn't want it in my already problematic boat. Not sure about the new boats, but I just put the siphon in the fill tube and go from there.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-17-2009, 11:31 AM Reply   
Exactly how does that safetysiphon work?
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-17-2009, 12:42 PM Reply   
I had a bit of fuel in my tank and had to get a crack welded, so I unhooked the fuel line from the pump. Put the end of the fuel line into a tote tank from our other boat and lifted the tank up to pour it out. Not sure how heavy half a tank is gonna be but if you're careful that way seemed to work well.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-20-2009, 7:36 AM Reply   
http://cgi.ebay.com/SELF-PRIMING-BRASS-JIGGLER-SIPHON-PUMP-Gas-Oil-Pool_W0QQitemZ140320491633QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item20abc0c871#ht_1001wt_754

you will need to add extra hose to go up and over the gunnel. You will also need to fill the entire hose while standing up on the gunnel, then with your thumb on the end get it back down to the ground and into the gas can so no air gets in the hose and breaks the suction.