Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Herrerab85)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-17-2013, 3:25 PM Reply   
I recently purchased a pair of Wet sounds SW-650 speakers. I am wondering if anyone knows what size amp I should purchase to make these things scream. Eventually I am thinking that I am going to buy another pair, so the amp I would purchase would need to be able to push all 4. But as I said just 2 for now. Any help is greatly appreciated it. Trying to get it all hooked up before my deployment is over! Thanks guys!
Old     (Camsquared211)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-18-2013, 9:50 PM Reply   
HT4 Would work.
110w RMS to each speaker. Theres 4 channels, you could just leave 2 disconnected for now.
http://www.wetsounds.com/pages/products/HT4_spec.html
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-18-2013, 11:05 PM Reply   
For a lower priced option I went with this amp. It's driving 4 xs650's and gets super loud and stays clean. The only thing I don't like is it gets pretty warm compared to my other amps but for the money it can't be beat. I used to have a jl hd 600.4 amp powering them that I moved to power my rev10's. the amp obviously isn't a jl hd but in terms of volume I don't think I lost any. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...PAD2000.2.html
Old     (Herrerab85)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-19-2013, 7:28 AM Reply   
Thanks guys! I appreciate the help. I'm gonna look into both of them. I kinda had an idea but just thought I'd ask for a few more opinions.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-19-2013, 9:46 AM Reply   
The Wet Sounds HT-4 would be a perfect amp for 2 pair of XS-650, but i'd like to clarify its output.

With a single 4 ohm speaker wired per chnl, its output would be 110W to each speaker. With a pair of 4 ohm speakers wired in parallel to a chnl, the 2 ohm output would be 150W, with each speaker netting 75W. This route would allow for a 3rd pair or a sub to be added later.

75W rms is still respectable power for a 6.5" in-boat, but if one wanted to really push the XS-650 to its potential, the HT-2 would deliver 300W x 2 @ 2 ohm. Thats 150W net rms to each speaker with 2 pair driven by the HT-2.