Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ALWakePEACE)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-14-2010, 6:50 AM Reply   
So yesterday when riding, I was working on grabbing toe roll to reverts and ended up sticking most of them really clean... Then the last set of the day took one just a little short and let the back of the board case the wake a little and ended up snapping my board in half. I was riding a 2009 LF Axis at the time and have rode the axis for the past 2 boards. I am looking at getting a new one and figured I would get some input before I went out and started waving money around. I like the axis because it holds really well but it seems like your confined to the water to much. I rode the watson prior to it and really like it. I am looking at either switching back to the Watson or going another route and getting the Byerly Conspiracy... Im open to all suggestions, even different board suggestions. Any ideas?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-14-2010, 6:52 AM Reply   
I recently switched to the Vibe. Most fun board I have ever ridden.

But I have also heard great feedback on the Watson Hybrid and the Conspiracy. These days it seems really hard to go wrong when choosing a board.
Old     (ALWakePEACE)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-14-2010, 6:59 AM Reply   
Heres the board.. Tried to do it from my phone so it may not work?
Attached Images

Old     (bbsxkills)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-14-2010, 9:02 PM Reply   
marius hayes
Old     (mvanhove)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-14-2010, 9:12 PM Reply   
Just a scratch still ridable right?
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       06-15-2010, 4:16 AM Reply   
I think that is the first Axis that I have even seen anyone actually ride, much less actually have a good thing to say about. JM2C. Now are your looking for a board that rides similar to the Axis? Are your board brand biased and want to stick with LF? These are all questions you need to ask yourself. The Consipracy is a very stiff ride that tracks really hard but wouldnt have the same kick as the Axis. The Watson Hybrid is going to require a little transition due to the amount of flex it will have but wont ride the same as the classic or the other.

I would suggest demo-ing a few boards to find out what YOU like in a board. Faster, Slower, Tighter, Looser, Continous, Blended 3-stage, Hybrid, Abrupt Cont, Abrubyt 3-stage, 3 stage....ect. There are many many good boards out there but you need to find what works for you and not worry about what the newest thing on the block is. I rode a 3DS for 5 years before I had to find something else. So do your self a favor and go check some boards out and shred your face off before you buy. its too big of an investment to pick one out of a hat.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-15-2010, 6:05 AM Reply   
If we ever ride together again you can try out the Hybrid brah
Old     (ALWakePEACE)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-15-2010, 6:26 AM Reply   
Haha I was waiting on one of yall 2 or Team Canada to chime in. I want to get that new hybrid but I dont know how it would ride being the whole flex board and all. And no I'm not brand biased. Jeff, tell Zane to hook me up and I will shred some marius. Luker, shred today??? Hit me up when you get off work. I leave work everyday around 5 so I could be wherever at around 6.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-15-2010, 7:19 AM Reply   
I'm gonna work off the 24 hours I spent in the boat over the last 3 days by going home and get some shut eye tonight. Was plannin on riding Wed and Thursday at either Alex's or Jeff's. You wanna shred at you're place Thursday maybe? Me and Jeff miss you dawg... you could take a spin on both the Marius and the Hybrid
Old     (bbsxkills)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-15-2010, 12:55 PM Reply   
yeah let's ride thursday afternoon. alex and i are gonna spend most of it house hunting but after that i'm sure he'll go back to his place and i'd be down to go to my place or yours hayes.
Old     (ALWakePEACE)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-15-2010, 1:26 PM Reply   
I've rode jeff's marius and like it cause its really soft when taking something wake to flat. I really wanna try out that hybrid though. Heard alot of good things about it. I'd be down to do whatever. Probly not a good idea to hit my boat though... I have to go get my ballast impellers replaced sometime this week Let me know what the deal is and I can just pack my ish and stop wherever on my way home from work.
Old     (JJ)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-15-2010, 1:34 PM Reply   
+1 for the hybrid. Thanks again Luker! I had a good time yesterday, wish I could've stayed longer.
Old     (bbsxkills)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-15-2010, 1:35 PM Reply   
my place it is then. i'll be in touch thursday.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-15-2010, 1:46 PM Reply   
Thursday at Jeffs... its a date.

No worries JJ... we'll have to go shred someday when you can actually take a few sets on it with a good wake and the right rope length. Holla at me soon!
Old     (samwise)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-16-2010, 1:12 AM Reply   
i ride a 2009 Gator Luna 134 exactly the same shape as the 2009 Gator Gonzalez. I ride cable. Im getting a new board. Thinking of either the 2010 Byerly Monarch 54 (137) or the 2010 Hyperlite B-Side 136. What do you think is better? Will they be durable for cable? Is it ok that im moving up to a longer board?
Old     (ALWakePEACE)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-16-2010, 8:26 AM Reply   
Thursday it is Luker. I shall be there with bells on and in my birthday suit. I picked up my new watson hybrid yesterday. Should be interesting getting used to boat sets with a flex board!

Sam, I haven't heard anything about the B-Side, but I know Jeff (who has been commenting above) was riding a Monarch 54 at O'Dub last year and he snapped it going off great white. So thats a negative on that one. I would think the B-Side would be good though? If you are considering Hyperlite though, why not consider the Clash???
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-16-2010, 8:35 AM Reply   
The Clash is a tank... rides like the 2006-2008 premier... New B-Side is the t*ts from what I hear ... All my buddies riding with Hype are on that board. See you in a bit Hayes.
Old     (ALWakePEACE)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-16-2010, 8:50 AM Reply   
I figured the B-Side would be a good board for rails considering JD's style... And the Clash has to be a tank. If Davies can ride it and not snap it in a half of a run, he's doing good.
Old     (AndrewMulkern4)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-16-2010, 9:06 AM Reply   
The S4 would be the closest ride to the axis, that's what Henshaw is riding behind boat now.
Old     (samwise)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-16-2010, 10:00 PM Reply   
nah i heard bad reviews with the Clash..especially the 142....my friend broke 3 already...And I dont like those small stupid fins (OUter Guide Molded in Fins)...dont understand why it was that...I can feel them catching on rails...

Hey ALWake, so all youre buddies are riding the BSide? How about on cable? Good?

Think im ditching the Monarch..
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-17-2010, 6:04 AM Reply   
I've never ridden it.... but 3 duders I know who are Outlaw/Pro-Level riders say its the best board they've ever been on. Was at a rail jam a few weekends ago and all 3 were riding it so I guess its good on rails as well. I'm just partial to flex, especially on the cable.
Old     (samwise)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-28-2010, 2:03 AM Reply   
Thanks buddy! =) Bside sounds good to me!
Old     (delphidelatorre)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-29-2010, 1:02 AM Reply   
hey there sam, can i get to know you? i think i can help you with your board