Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-03-2015, 9:17 AM Reply   
Okay, nobody laugh, but I'm planning to make tower speaker cans (directed inside the cabin, not back to the rider) out of 6 inch pvc pipe for a pair of SW-65's that have been sitting in my basement for ages. Something similar to what this guy did:

http://www.rzrforums.net/projects-ho...r-install.html

Does anyone know about how large to make the enclosure? If I go with a PVC cap, like this guy did, instead of a pipe plus a cap, it'll be easier and probably look better, but I'm not convinced the cap will provide enough volume.

And just FYI, the SW-65's are the ones that take 60 watts apiece.
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-03-2015, 9:27 AM Reply   
It's an infinite baffle speaker so placing it in a compact pod will inordinately raise the resonance and reduce the midbass. Ideally for an infinite baffle 6.5" you might want one cubic foot net. You'll never get that. So go as large as you can without the tube being so long that it looks odd.
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-03-2015, 9:29 AM Reply   
Thank you!!! I'll post up some pics of the finished project.
Old     (WakeWise)      Join Date: Jun 2014       09-05-2015, 6:02 AM Reply   
Use black HDPE not pvc. It contains 2 percent carbon black in the resin mix so degradation from sun exposure will not be an issue. Pvc fades and also becomes brittle after exposure to the sun.