Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-07-2007, 2:15 PM Reply   
Any updates?? Thank you!!
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       07-07-2007, 2:49 PM Reply   
Jr mens finalist (not the running order)
Jamers Hindes
Michaell Langfield
Ryan Anderson
Steven Cahail
Jimmy Lariche
Robert Soven
Rhett Whatley
Bradey Price
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-07-2007, 2:58 PM Reply   
Doug, what happened to AJ, did he ride? This changes the points race.
Old     (supradoug)      Join Date: Dec 2001       07-07-2007, 3:07 PM Reply   
Cara called them to me earlier. I don't know anything about AJ. she said the water was good
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-07-2007, 3:25 PM Reply   
I heard Ryan killed it, stand up run. Congrats
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-07-2007, 3:41 PM Reply   
I spoke with angie and he just had a bad day. They all have had them.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-07-2007, 4:11 PM Reply   
Word on that Robyn...
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-07-2007, 4:18 PM Reply   
wow I dont know who is saying the water is good. The boat takes for ever to get on plane and the rollers are unbeliveable. Kids that fall before the 3/4 bouy have almost no chance of getting a trick in before the boat slows down. I watched several kids go for a trick and the wake would totally wash out and lay flat from the rollers or they would get bucked from them. Watching kids fall on bunny hops to switch, wake to wake 180's or watched one rider fall on his cut out because the boat makes a jog to the right after the transfer box. This is a place for an exibition so all the crazy people can see wakeboarding just like they do with the feestyle motocross here. But, it should never be a tour stop that can effect the points. All the kids are great with their attitudes about it but you can tell they are not real happy.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-07-2007, 5:17 PM Reply   
I agree with you Ben. For the premiere tour of our sport, you'd think that conditions would be of prime concern. I know that there isn't alot of $$$ in good water, its all about corporate sponsors being exposed to the masses, but there has to be some rivers available in the US with 1000 ft of shoreline for people to pile around while still giving close to glass conditions for every pull. I was at the Acworth stop and was underimpressed with both the water and the quality of the wake.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-07-2007, 5:29 PM Reply   
Don't know who was driving but I heard the driver was off the gas on a lot of riders last trick (still in course) and almost impossable to land anything. Travis must not have been driving, I've seen him run the boat on shore many times to protect his riders.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-07-2007, 5:37 PM Reply   
Randy, The driver was horrible. Dont know who it was but it was not Travis. He is not here. Not sure why it wasn't Kyle. He is PWT driver number 2 and he was here, but not driving. Maybe it has something to do with being WAKEFEAST not really PWT

(Message edited by dadthedriver on July 07, 2007)
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-07-2007, 5:42 PM Reply   
It is a tough call. Wakefest by far has the best turnout for spectators but the water is horrible. It is hard to find good water that will also draw a good crowd. You never know who is going to win in Kelowna. One rider can have huge rollers come in from boat traffic and the next rider not. It really is not consistent from one rider to the next. No one has 'good' water, just some doesn't suck as bad as the others.

If anyone knows where you can hold a good tournament let me know. It needs 1) good water 2) nearby hotels 3) large airport. Those are the very basics. Ideal venue would be one that had the above in conjunction with some type of event or festival such as Wakefest. If you know of such a place please respond. PWT and others have asked for such spots so if there is one we could put a tournament there.
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-07-2007, 5:48 PM Reply   
I thought Acworth was ok just a little short. One fall and you lost two tricks getting back on plane. Dallas was not bad. I heard there were rollers on one end but good spectator viewing. The conditions were muddy but other than that it was ok. It seemed like the crowds were decent size in both spots. How was Minnesota and Nationals?
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-07-2007, 6:13 PM Reply   
Well, Travis, you should be feeling alot of love about right now!Upload
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-07-2007, 6:24 PM Reply   
David I would say that Wakefeast has the largest number of people but I wouldnt say they were all there for wakeboarding. The battle of the bands has more people watching them then wakeboarding and you cant see wakeboarding from that area. The course is set up so that you cant really even see the run from the main part of wakefeast. only a small amount of people actully walk over to the area that you can see the whole run. More people are in the beer garden then are watching the event. The line was 1.5 to 2 hours to get into the beer gardens and they were still waiting to get in. I think the closest thing I can think of in the states is or was Boardstock at Clearlake. Except the drinking age here is 19 so more drinking going on.
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-07-2007, 6:57 PM Reply   
I am not familiar with Boardstock. It looks like a big lake. Don't you get boat traffic and rollers? Sounds pretty awesome though. I wonder why it isn't a PWT or King of Wake stop. That would bring more riders.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-07-2007, 9:15 PM Reply   
It is a huge lake with alot ofwind a rollers just like here in Kelowna. I would never want a PWT stop there either. They keep saying that they need a large airport close by to have a stop yet this event had a large number of the riders driving in from either Seattle 5 hour drive or Vancouver which was about 4 hours away. I can not believe that World Pub cant find better locations. I think it is a matter of keeping what they have because it takes no effort. Kind of like having Nationals in June because it is a shorter drive to WI from MN since they just finished the PWT stop there.

How about the Long Beach Marine Stadium. X Games wakeboarding was held there. Also During the year events such as California Outboard Motor Racing Association (COBRA) races, International Jet Ski Association demonstrations, Long Beach Rowing Association Regattas and Golden West Water Ski Tours slaloms and water-ski club activities are held.

They have plenty of room and close to everything.

Could it be that they dont want to have to spend very much money on a location for an event.
Old     (wake_boarder49)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-07-2007, 10:00 PM Reply   
I'm heading out to wakefest tomorrow. I go every year for the last day. It is usually packed but last year they had boats and these giant blow up things and logs that prevented rollers from outside boats entering the course. It worked well other than that it was windy. I'll take a bunch of pics and post them up.
Old     (headhunter)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-08-2007, 12:51 PM Reply   
Any results?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-08-2007, 1:10 PM Reply   
Doug???? If Ryan want's to come out early for the Portland stop and wants to ride, have him call Alex, he has his number.
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       07-08-2007, 1:31 PM Reply   
Greenlake in Seattle Washington would be a great spot for a pro tour. It is in the middle of seattle. Hotels, people etc. The water is almost alway calm although not the cleanest water to be in. There is a park all the way around and there are even grandstands. It is also close to a lot of the watersports manufacturers.
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-08-2007, 3:45 PM Reply   
David- What about Disney World. They are having some sort of Water Ski event there in Sept.
Old     (aussie_mum)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-08-2007, 4:07 PM Reply   
Does anyone have any finals results from today?
Old     (cwb12)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-08-2007, 5:26 PM Reply   
Philip, Trevor, Rusty
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-08-2007, 5:43 PM Reply   
Jr. Men's?
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-08-2007, 6:20 PM Reply   
Robert- Greenlake looks promising from satellite pics. Have you ever seen power boats on it?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-08-2007, 6:33 PM Reply   
Roger, It is closed to power boats, WA. INT gets permission to run there opener there every year, always good water. It's a very cool site, Park setting with grass and good viewing for the contest. I didn't go this year but have been for the last couple of years & Kelowna water condictions suck, I would be down for Seattle & only a 6 hour drive for us. WSM check it out.
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-08-2007, 6:52 PM Reply   
*hijack*
ive been waitin for the results..thanx kaley.. wow, Froggy is killin it this year.

*end hijack*
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       07-08-2007, 8:01 PM Reply   
Randy is right. It is usually closed to power boats but if INT can get permission to use it once or twice a year I don't see why the Pro Tour wouldn't. I am sure the parks department could charge them more money than the int and make it work out.
I have ridden a couple of INT events there and even when it is really windy the water is calm. Nasty but calm.