Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (wakeboardmatt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-03-2007, 4:11 PM Reply   
Which one first? I can almost land 360's i just always miss the handle. and it seems like when ever i try backrolls i alwayz under rotate. I have never tried a tantrum. I wanna stick to one trick but i dont know which one would be better to try until i land it, any suggestions?>
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-03-2007, 4:20 PM Reply   
I landed the ts fs 360 first, then a tantrum, then a hs fs 360, then a backroll.

I would say the ts fs 360 is the easiest because you don't have to pass the handle until you land. Then the hs fs 360. Then the backroll, and finally the tantrum. FYI you aren't really close on a 360 until you get the handle pass. The rotation is the easy part.
Old     (bigwaken2009)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-04-2007, 8:52 PM Reply   
Ya..once your started grabbing the handle..You run into a diff problem.......LANDING
Old     (maliburider456)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-04-2007, 8:55 PM Reply   
i would do backroll then tantrum then t/s 3 then h/s 3
Old     (wakeboardmatt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-04-2007, 9:02 PM Reply   
Ok, thx finally someone answered my Q lol. Any tips on the backroll?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-04-2007, 9:26 PM Reply   
Just push your hips straight up into the sky. Your natural momentum will carry you all the way arround. Also, by sending yourself straight up, you will come straight down. Trying to huck the trick will make landing more difficult and less consistant.
Old     (wakeboardmatt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-04-2007, 11:29 PM Reply   
ok, do i need to tuck my knees?
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-05-2007, 3:20 AM Reply   
Keep the handle to your leadign hip. i dont tuck my knees. I take a progressive edge ride all the way thru the wake, rope in and it will throw you into the roll. once im inverted i look over my leading shoulder and spot the landing
Old     (p_b_parks)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-05-2007, 6:31 AM Reply   
DO NOT tuck you want to progressively cut right up until the wake and then stand tall right in the groove to get the best pop and put your head to your shoulder which will intiate the rotation
Old     (maliburider456)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-05-2007, 7:21 AM Reply   
stand tall with a progressive cut and at the top of the wake throw your hips to the sky and your head down at your back knee but make sure you dont leave the wake early and u get the full pop.