Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Spence680)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-28-2014, 6:18 PM Reply   
I have 4 Rev10s on my Axis tower. They came on the boat when I bought it. At first they were way under powered only getting around 125 watts a piece. So I swapped out that amp for one arc 600.2 and they definitely came to life at 300watts a piece but I wanted a little more. So I picked up a second 600.2 and about rolled my boat over a cliff trying to feed new wire through the tower but once everything was finally hooked up all I can say is wow...if you're on the platform and have the rev10s cranked it feels like blood is going to start coming out of your ears lol. The biggest improvement was the mid bass punch they picked up. I read a thread on here where someone said going from 300watts a piece to 400watts a piece was a minor improvement and they must be crazy or deaf because it turned them into a power house. Now I'm just waiting for my local stereo shop to get my sub box built and I'll be set. I'm going with an image dynamics IDMAX 12 v4 d4 and powering it with an ARC KS 1200.1 so it should sound amazing. I've definitely made this boat the little king of the rivers and lakes as far as stereo goes haha.
Old     (Brendon444)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-28-2014, 9:13 PM Reply   
Was thinking of bumping my rev410's up from 400 watts a piece. Running on arc 600.2. Now I'm really thinking I should.
Old     (Spence680)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-28-2014, 9:32 PM Reply   
Definitely should man. It was a pain in the ass running individual wires to each speaker but it was worth it.
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       06-28-2014, 11:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendon444 View Post
Was thinking of bumping my rev410's up from 400 watts a piece. Running on arc 600.2. Now I'm really thinking I should.
Those Rev 410's can take a lot more power. I have been running 2 bridged SYN 2's to mine for 700 watts each.. They sound incredible!
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-29-2014, 4:56 AM Reply   
I run a syn4 on each pair of my rev10's. It's stupid loud.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-29-2014, 5:57 AM Reply   
ha, spencer, I did the exact same upgrade this year, rewiring the tower and adding a ks1200.1. A friend was out with us yesterday and asked what I did to the stereo to make it sound so much better.

The idmax was on my short list but I ended up going with the jbl w12gti instead. Please post up how you like the idmax.
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       06-29-2014, 6:18 AM Reply   
Yeah, going from 300 to 400 watts is marginal in that you are gaining only a little over 1 dB in output. However, you are going from 2-ohm power to 4-ohm power which leaves you with much more headroom. The combination makes the impact.
Old     (Spence680)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-29-2014, 6:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
ha, spencer, I did the exact same upgrade this year, rewiring the tower and adding a ks1200.1. A friend was out with us yesterday and asked what I did to the stereo to make it sound so much better.

The idmax was on my short list but I ended up going with the jbl w12gti instead. Please post up how you like the idmax.
Will do man. Just curious what's your amp settings at. I was tuning a little day but some rain rolled in so I had to cut it short. As of right now I have both amps gain set about 3/4 of the way up, bass boost turned up just a hair, and the crossover set around 80hz. Other setting are I high pass filter, 1X, and set on stereo. Not sure what most people's settings are. Everything is running through a WS-420sq
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       06-29-2014, 7:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence680 View Post
Will do man. Just curious what's your amp settings at. I was tuning a little day but some rain rolled in so I had to cut it short. As of right now I have both amps gain set about 3/4 of the way up, bass boost turned up just a hair, and the crossover set around 80hz. Other setting are I high pass filter, 1X, and set on stereo. Not sure what most people's settings are. Everything is running through a WS-420sq
45 Hz Bass Boost on the highpass amplifier?
Old     (Spence680)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-29-2014, 8:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAnalog View Post
45 Hz Bass Boost on the highpass amplifier?
Judging by that comment I shouldn't be using any bass boost? It does give it a nice thump to some songs though.
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       06-29-2014, 8:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Judging by that comment I shouldn't be using any bass boost? It does give it a nice thump to some songs though.
Any degree of Bass Boost @ 45 Hz is an unnecessary strain on the tower speaker and a total waste of precious power. Its nearly an octave below the crossover point and seriously below the speaker's (loaded in pod) resonance. So you would be boosting something that is already over 20 dB down (like 1/100th power) at 45 Hz. "bass boost turned up just a hair" and "does give it a nice thump" is more placebo effect.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-30-2014, 1:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
I'm not saying you've set things wrong because every system is different, but I'd be really surprised if you needed your gains at 3/4.

Like david said, no bass boost. That's for subs. Actually it's only for poorly tuned non musical subs.