Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (obriengotwake)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-23-2014, 3:48 PM Reply   
Pros and cons.
I know about WS and exile but my budget is in my ballast. I am looking for the simplest controls. EQ function is not necessary.

I have a clarion EQ that is not hooked up. Before I started I wanted get feed back. I am not a huge fan of the small knobs on the clarion EQ. I like being able to control front, rear and sub in a single unit.

Does anyone use the Kicker or PacLC1? I like the idea of the Kicker for simplicity and larger knobs. I will lose sub control but I could always put a PAC in the glove box if I find I need sub control(no sub is even setup in boat yet).

PAC is simple to use but It will require a massive amount of RCA cables (12 channels) totals.

I am just looking for feed back on setup, use, quality, mounting options. If you have pictures of your set up that would be great.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-23-2014, 5:37 PM Reply   
I use a ton of Kicker ZXM-RLC and also the LC pots.

Kicker pro:
short RCA's
9V line level per chnl
marine
can be surface or panel mounted
True zone control, not "FADE" like an automotive EQ.

If you have sub control now, how would you be losing it with the ZXM-RLC? Im not fallow that?

Old     (obriengotwake)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-23-2014, 5:55 PM Reply   
The clarion has a sub control but Being that the zxm is only 2 lines that would be front/rear. I would have to set up a second zxm for the sub or just do PAC in the glove box. Niether is a big deal except the cost of the second zxm
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-23-2014, 6:43 PM Reply   
Check your sub amp, as many have a means for sub level control.
Old     (obriengotwake)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-24-2014, 6:01 PM Reply   
How long are the remote cables for the 10ZXMRLC?? I could not find in the specs. Long enough to have the unit installed on port side and remotes on starboard side?
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-24-2014, 6:22 PM Reply   
I cant tell you the exact length of each data cable, but there is a short one and a long one. if you need to long cables, a standard 6-way RJ cable will work.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-24-2014, 8:44 PM Reply   
I use three lc1's for my zone control. They then feed to a rockford 360. I love the simplicity and cost of it. Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1398397435567.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  62.7 KB
Mine are on the right side just below the dash. Very easy to reach while driving.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk