Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (codyroberts18)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-14-2014, 12:03 PM Reply   
Found a great deal on a 2009 Tige 20v and was gonna ask some opinions. All I do is wakeboard, no skiing or tubing, but have never ridden behind any Tige, let alone the 20v. We are going to test drive it this weekend, but I thought I would ask what people thought so I can kind know about what to be looking for. We have looked at the boat, checked everything, we just haven't seen it perform in the water. It has 1700 lbs ballast that comes in it, 350 hp engine. Questions are:

How is the wake? Rampy, lippy, smooth, rough, big, small, non existent?

What does the wake compare to? Malibu, Mastercraft, Moomba, Centurion, jet ski?

Are these boats good boats? Hold up well? Worth the investment?

First post by the way. Thanks in advance for your responses!
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-14-2014, 1:17 PM Reply   
The 20 ft Tige hull can be touchy side to side with the wake. I have the current Tige 20 footer(14 RZR). The wake is good sized with a noticeable lip. 1700 lbs is probably too much weight for wake boarding. Chances are they have large sacs in the rear lockers for surfing. We run about 1000 lbs for wake boarding with a 60/ 40 bias. Anymore and the wake deteriorates. Like i said it can be touchy keeping both sides clean. If you have more than a few people plan to be moving people around to balance.

How do you mean how does it compare to…… If you mean quality thats very subjective.

They are a good boat and they hold up as well as anything else as long as they are taken care of. Whether it is worth the investment is based almost totally on what you plan to pay for it. You didn't share that detail. Also that is a hull that is no longer in production so that can affect value. But with new prices quickly rising if you get a good deal it should hold its value.
Old     (codyroberts18)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-14-2014, 1:30 PM Reply   
It is a subjective question, but I just want to know peoples opinions. Different strokes for different folks, but just seeing what people think.

Is that hull OOP because of something bad or good? That may affect my opinion on it as well.

Last edited by codyroberts18; 04-14-2014 at 1:33 PM.