Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (WakeS4MontyFL)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-12-2011, 9:35 PM Reply   
Okay, so I've been going wake to wake for about a year now, and every single time i can only get, on average, about 4 feet of height. It's not the wakes fault because i ride behind a supra with 1700 ibs. of ballast. Is it perhaps the way I edge into the wake, or is there something else holding back my height? All advice appreciated! thanks!
Old     (coda281)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-14-2011, 10:56 PM Reply   
i just started riding, but i usually get so high i cant land hahaha but wat ive been told to do is to PROGRESSIVE edge into the wake and as u ride into the wake FLATTEN out off your edge, and EXTEND your legs vertically, that should help you out i hope, its all about the timing of when you flatten and extend off the wake, good luck
Old     (Texan)      Join Date: May 2011       06-16-2011, 3:16 PM Reply   
Progressive edge on the way in 4' out from the wake you should be in prefect "chair" posture then stand up off the wake, drop the handle to your waist, chin up, chest out, eyes to the flats out in front of you... done.

Look down and that's where you'll go. No progressive edge and you'll hit the wake like a speed bump, long and flat air.

Last edited by Texan; 06-16-2011 at 3:19 PM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-16-2011, 7:12 PM Reply   
It's like hitting a diving board or a trampoline.You push against the force[wake]and you get a reaction[pop].You should be on your hardest edge at the wake and through the wake to create height.You come in slowly or progressive to keep line tension low.I'm an old guy but can still get some air.
Attached Images