Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-20-2009, 10:34 AM Reply   
So me and Jen and a friend of hers had an extremely successful adventure this morning. Let's just say by the end I called my man on the phone and said, "Sweetie...don't take this the wrong way but I don't need you for this any more!"

I successfully:
-loaded the truck
-hitched the trailer
-drove and got gas
-met Jen at the launch

We successfully:
-discovered we had a dead boat battery
-jumped that b!$#& off of Jen's car and no one got hurt
-fired it up, sacked up, and got underway
-rode an awesome couple of hours
-put the boat back on the trailer - with excellent trailer backing skills displayed by Jen.

I successfully:
-hauled home
-backed that puppy back up my driveway with no drama

Ahh... a great day! Two highlights: when I got home I checked and the river had gone "no wake" due to flooding just moments after we hauled out. And the best part of the day was Jen landing a SICK half cab W2W in front of a boatload of (male) wakeboarders. Yeah, that's right! A boat with three women who can RIDE!
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       06-20-2009, 1:19 PM Reply   

quote:

Yeah, that's right! A boat with three women who can RIDE!

I've know many women who can ride, i'm super impressed with the rest of your list! You guys should all be very proud, I hope you inspire more women to go out there and get it done!

-Steve
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-20-2009, 2:38 PM Reply   
Awww shucks. Thanks, Steve! We killed it and now plan on making it a regular Saturday event while my poor, poor guy has to work all day!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-20-2009, 6:36 PM Reply   
Way to go, Ladies! That's every outing for me and Kimmie! Glad you got your sets in before the No Wake thing! Congrats on the outing to all and on the half cab w2w to Jen!!!
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-21-2009, 10:35 AM Reply   
Yes! good job!! That is DOPE!! O and the dope riding to go with it. I definetly love to show my boat backing skills, and boat driving skills. No high speed turn arounds....am i right ladies! GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!!!
and the dudes had a sausage fest!
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-22-2009, 11:17 AM Reply   
Kat - I channeled you and Kimmie when we had to jump start the boat. Red to red - black to black.

Kim - yes, it was only guys on the other boat. I could tell they were wondering WHY none of us were on their boat with them!
Old     (psychowakechick)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-22-2009, 4:59 PM Reply   
Good job ladies, I wish I had such skills!
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-22-2009, 6:55 PM Reply   
Lisa - there's nothing stopping you! I used to have to talk to myself in the Jeep when I was backing down a tricky ramp. Somehow it helped me deal with the stress! Now I just throw that baby in reverse and away we go. You can do anything you put your mind to. It also really helps if someone has the patience to let you try. My guy takes pride in me at the ramp when I back the trailer and secure the boat faster than most men there. Definitely not a gender thing but an ability thing. You can do it!
Old     (chicagomastercraft)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-22-2009, 7:03 PM Reply   
Nice work!

August 5th @ The Broken Oar in Port Barrington, IL we are going to setup a womens only day of boat driving, riding lessons, etc. All taught by pro female riders!!! If you or any one else may be interested in coming out let us know.

Eric@chicagomastercraft.com
Mark@chicagomastercraft.com

(Message edited by chicagomastercraft on June 22, 2009)
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-22-2009, 10:31 PM Reply   
Liz..I am so proud You go girl!!The only thing you lacked was the rest of the FRG'ers!!!That would have been FUN!! Good job on the cabs Jen!! Stomp'em!!

Eric...what a great thing to offer!!
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-23-2009, 3:47 PM Reply   
Eric - what riders will be there? Are you doing that during the day or during MidWeek Wakeup? Jen and I might be in for something like that if there is plenty of ride time. We clearly have launching and driving figured out! ;)
Old     (a1flowergirl)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-27-2009, 8:52 PM Reply   
Let me just say that, one entire week later, I am still riding on the high of our ladies out!!!

Thanks to all for the props on the half cabs . . . Let's hope I can stick one in OKC!!!

Looking forward to our next ladies day!
Old     (raynegrl)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-29-2009, 8:56 AM Reply   
I'm impressed!! Where can I learn how to do all of that (well...just started riding last yr and don't get to ride much, so still working on the w2w!!)?? My boyfriend keeps saying he'll teach me but never does - doesn't seem to think I can do it or wanna take the time-? I hate not being able to carry my own weight/contribute! Anyway- good job. . and sounds like u had fun!! I need to ride with girls more often!