Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (ashly)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-15-2004, 2:30 PM Reply   
nice i love that name "Girls that Ride"
Old     (gypsy12)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-15-2004, 2:37 PM Reply   
Just wanted to put a post in here so it wouldn't look like nobody wanted to post in here. haha

(Message edited by gypsy12 on October 15, 2004)
Old     (gypsy12)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-15-2004, 2:44 PM Reply   
In reference to the title of this section: I actually attended a mandatory harrassment training program at work a few months ago in which the speaker said that it is not acceptable in the workplace for women to be referred to as "girls". And the same goes for men/"boys". I couldn't believe what I was hearing! I totally disagree with that. I don't think I have ever been offended by someone calling me a girl.
Anyway, I'm not sure if anyone else has heard of this... Any thoughts?
I guess this point is not wakeboard-related, but it's the title is what made me think of it.

(Message edited by gypsy12 on October 15, 2004)
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-15-2004, 2:55 PM Reply   
Wow, have women started to make such an appearance/trouble on wakeworld to finally get our own section. Right on.
Old                10-15-2004, 6:27 PM Reply   
hay GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS
Old     (leshella)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-15-2004, 9:30 PM Reply   
matt---what are you doing here?!?!?! you can look, but ya can't post! sucka. it's a GIRLS ONLY area....you wiiiish.

david--thanks for adding such an awesome addition to the forum. it will be nice to actually relate with other wakeboarding girls we're too few and far between, so we got to stick together!
Old                10-15-2004, 9:43 PM Reply   
Well I'll be...when did this get added?

I've never heard of girls being offensive. I remember I was talking to a guy from work and I was referring to someone as "that chick". I don't really find that offensive especially coming from a girl but I would see where that would be considered offensive before "girl". The world's so friggin PC anymore.

(Message edited by indywakechica on October 15, 2004)
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-16-2004, 3:51 AM Reply   
les - actually I don't think there is anything stopping boys from posting on this section...let's just all try to get along over here. I've never had a problem with the boys on WW - they are much more mature than the other site. The only spot it can get a bit nasty is "non-wakeboarding"...wear a flame proof suit when entering !
Old                10-16-2004, 7:47 AM Reply   
Dave, you're the man! This is awesome!

girls, women, ladies, gals, chicas.... whatever.
PC stuff drives me crazy!
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-16-2004, 8:41 AM Reply   
Shanda - careful... crazy is now called "Mentally Unstable"
Old     (leshella)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-16-2004, 9:04 AM Reply   
lizrd-
no worries, i was just messing around. i can already tell that this section is going to be SO much fun. i like most of all the guy on this site, so they're totally welcome. So true though about the "Non-wakeboarding" section. it gets really brash in there--especially lately with all the debates and stuff....watch out!
Old     (ashly)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-16-2004, 9:06 AM Reply   
I'm Mentally Unstable:-) or so said my boss.

I heard that it's inappropriate to call women girls, but I don't understand that, it's just a word and most of the time it's not ment as a insult. But, then in the workplace your suppose to be proper and I guess women is a better word then girls if your trying to be propper.

over and out
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-19-2004, 10:48 PM Reply   
IMO when you call a women a girl it's not really a big deal but when you call a man a boy....I don't know.
Old                10-26-2004, 10:47 AM Reply   
You can offend,harrass anybody when you use a label over and over. And boys-men love to do it. Liberial is the in word now.
Old     (deltagrubber)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-26-2004, 12:22 PM Reply   
I got told I was a sexist for using the tem "gal" when referring to a hotel group conference organizer!!!! I thought that title was a little long to use so I shortened it to gal. Guess I won't be getting that raise this year afte rall!!!! Have fun gals...........
Old     (tobs2)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-07-2008, 12:05 PM Reply   
Hey saw everyones post here on WW, I live in Discovery Bay / delta on the water and we ride most every weekend and some week days too, we just got back from houseboat trip lake shasta and will be doing another trip in 2 weeks lake don pedro too.....anyhow if you are ever down this way and want a pull on the dirty D hit me up, we can take my boat 03 Ski Centurion - wake edit. or ride on anyone elses as well...... Tobin cell# 408-903-5529 or email: tobs2@hotmail.com

P.S. We ride with girls and guys of every level.....I am a guy but we welcome all riders on my boat or join others on theirs....We will ride soon for sure and have a Lake Don Pedro trip camping and wakeboarding in 2wks