Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (radrachel)      Join Date: May 2009       05-20-2009, 2:22 AM Reply   
There's nothing worse than climbing back into a boat full of hot, shirtless men with what looks like two black eyes and half of an eyebrow.

Normal waterproof eye make-up is ok for when you are getting sweaty at the club or crying your eyes out, but there has gotta be something more hardcore for boarding!

Anybody have any brands they prefer? My eyelashes and eyebrows are practically invisible without eyeliner and brow pencil, and I'm certainly not going to score any hot guys with horrid raccoon eyes, so dish, girls! I don't care what it costs!
Old     (wakegrace)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-20-2009, 10:48 AM Reply   
this is a great topic! hahah ive been wondering the same! cant wait to see some good brands! ;)
Old     (push_girl)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-21-2009, 10:52 AM Reply   
Seriously, I actually thought this was a joke. Why wear makeup when you're boarding, a man that sees a chick out ripping on a board is already going to think your hot. Wakeboarding is about progression and having fun, not looking good when you get back in the boat. I guess the sport means different things for me.
Old     (ncsumalibu)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-21-2009, 12:06 PM Reply   
If you wakeboarding in a bikini then the guys on the boat probably won't even notice what your face looks like anyway. Just kidding sorta, but I agree with push girl.
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       05-21-2009, 12:06 PM Reply   
Ditto push girl! well put!
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-21-2009, 3:18 PM Reply   
only girl i've ever seen with great eye makeup when she got out of the water (or any eye makeup now that I think about it...) had an eyeliner tattoo. looked fantastic :-)
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-21-2009, 7:10 PM Reply   
Clinque Workout makeup for foundation (I wear this teaching dance)

Max Factor 2000 Black Waterproof mascara

But a bad faceplant will take anything off!! lol
Old     (radrachel)      Join Date: May 2009       05-21-2009, 9:53 PM Reply   
Pushgirl: I'm not exactly ripping on a board. I'm new to the sport, so I'm mostly falling down. I'm just trying to meet new and nice people. I'm not trying to look like a supermodel, I just want some eyeliner! Thanks to Alice and Audrey for the tips!

Sorry, Dustin. No bikini here! lol}
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-22-2009, 7:14 AM Reply   
As a guy it is hard to take any chick serious that comes out on the boat with her face painted on! We get that you are not going to look going clubbing perfect.
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       05-22-2009, 9:09 AM Reply   
Rachel- it doesn't matter what your face looks like... as long as you're out there having fun that's all that matters. Who cares about what other people think?? Just do your thing, girl!
Old     (radrachel)      Join Date: May 2009       05-22-2009, 11:26 AM Reply   
Geez, I was just asking a simple question. I didn't think I would get the third degree. I don't have any self-esteem issues, but thanks for the advice, everyone!
Old     (radrachel)      Join Date: May 2009       05-24-2009, 3:28 PM Reply   
Hey everyone. I went out and bought a bunch of different eyeliners, just in case anyone is interested (I know some of you are) and the best one so far is Wet N' Wild H2O Liquid Liner. I can't get the dang stuff off! Yes, liquid liner is the pits, but it's worth it in the long run! Thanks everyone for your input!
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-24-2009, 8:12 PM Reply   
You should really try the 2000 Max Factor Waterproof makeup, because it takes like 2 days for it to come off! lol. I put it on thick, so if looks like I have eyeliner on, but I don't. Also, if you want to wear that sweatproof/waterproof foundation, do so, then spray your face with sunblock mist (spray kind, not cream/rub in) and it almost mattes your face and keeps your makeup nice.

But like I said, any force from falls can remove anything...if you know what I mean. lol
Old     (radrachel)      Join Date: May 2009       05-24-2009, 10:02 PM Reply   
I didn't see it when I was at Walgreens, but I'll check again. This cheap brand I bought stayed on all day, and I ate some serious lake today, in one big bite, lol! Then I went off to work and didnt even have to touch up. I'm only interested in eyeliner, though, not the whole face. That's all I ever wear, but thanks for the tip anyways. I know some of the other girls are interested!
Old     (clearlakeirene)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-26-2009, 2:39 PM Reply   
I can't believe how concerned some of you girls are about wearing makeup while on a boat or wakeboarding! Eyeliner and Mascara to wakeboard? REALLY??? It usually looks pretty rediculous to be all dolled up to do watersports. Just be natural and have a good time. You will look less like you are out there trying too hard to impress the guys, and more like you are out there to have a good time and enjoy the activities. Thats what its all about, and what people will notice.
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-26-2009, 3:37 PM Reply   
maybe they don't want to look nice for other people... sometimes it's just nice to feel pretty - especially if you're hanging out with a bunch of smelly boys.
I don't wear makeup wakeboarding, but I don't have a problem if some girls want to. as long as they're out there having a red hot go it shouldn't matter!
give her a break!
we're all meant to be on the same side here ladies...
Old     (tcan)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-26-2009, 3:48 PM Reply   
this is funny....lol
Old     (goldilocks)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-26-2009, 6:55 PM Reply   
I personally don't like the waterproof mascara because it seems to make my lashes fall out easier... I just end up wiping it off my face when I'm done boarding.

Lol, my (feminine) problem on the boat is that I have super curly hair; so when i'm in the boat and my hair is drying after a run...my hair starts turning into a froh.

I look like I'm from the eighty's...lol
Old     (radrachel)      Join Date: May 2009       05-27-2009, 4:00 PM Reply   
I'm not talking about getting "dolled up". I just want a line around my eyes! I don't understand why this has become such an issue. I have very light eyebrows and barely visible eyelashes, and wear eyeliner every other day, so why would I not wear eyeliner on the lake and be self-consious? I'd rather just wear it, and be myself.
Old     (diana_chicostate)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-27-2009, 5:08 PM Reply   
i sell and use the mary kay waterproof mascara in black and never have any come off... i use it every day. and believe me, i take some pretty amazing falls!