Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (V)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-14-2012, 1:31 PM Reply   
I am looking into putting a ballst system in my boat and I am a bit confused as to how and what. I am willing to spend a little at a time and would like to be able to grow with the pieces I buy. Between the different brands and sytems I am a bit confused, so here are my questions;

1- are there certain brands to perfer or stay away from?

2-are all of the bags and pumps universal (can I use them interchangably)?

3-where is the best place to get used bags, pumps and anything else I need?

4-what would be the best pieces to look for and start with (rear, center front)

5-what is the most you can safly put in a boat before it is dangerous?

Boat is a 2000 MC 210 VRS, normally two adults and two kids in the boat when I am behind it, noone ever in the front. Wakeboard mainly but we will be getting into surfing soon so I would like to have that option.

Thanks in advance.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-15-2012, 12:44 PM Reply   
am looking into putting a ballst system in my boat and I am a bit confused as to how and what. I am willing to spend a little at a time and would like to be able to grow with the pieces I buy. Between the different brands and sytems I am a bit confused, so here are my questions;

1- are there certain brands to perfer or stay away from?
What is your application? factory ballast? want it integrated or just tsunami pumps?

2-are all of the bags and pumps universal (can I use them interchangably)?
No
3-where is the best place to get used bags, pumps and anything else I need?
wakemakers
4-what would be the best pieces to look for and start with (rear, center front)
What riding level, etc. Are you trying to surf or wakeboard or what? setups are gonna be different for surfing vs boarding.

5-what is the most you can safly put in a boat before it is dangerous?
Depends on who's driving

Boat is a 2000 MC 210 VRS, normally two adults and two kids in the boat when I am behind it, noone ever in the front. Wakeboard mainly but we will be getting into surfing soon so I would like to have that option.

Thanks in advance.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-15-2012, 1:20 PM Reply   
I have a buddy that has a 200 VRS he currently runs 400s in the back and locker bag that might fill up 250 to 300 that boat still needs more weight in the bow. A tube sac in the bow walk way helps a ton but not enough. Not sure the difference between the 210 and 200. Seems like most MCs need more weight in the bow than other boats. Then you gotta be very careful turning around!!!
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-15-2012, 1:37 PM Reply   
I installed the ballast in my 210VRS. I think I have pictures and even a spreadsheet of my costs. I'll try to find it when I get off work.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-15-2012, 1:38 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=781284