Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (mox369)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-22-2010, 11:32 AM Reply   
Hey guys, i figured this would be a great place for me to start, i am doing a project on emerging sports, I have picked wake surfing as my main concentration because it is a relatively new sport. I will be researching the short history of wake surfing as well as what is being done to advance the sport in popularity and skill. I could really use some help from you guys, i will be covering the progression of wake surf boards and thought u guys would be the best on that subject. I would also like to find out how many pro's there are out there, what they get paid and track that trend as well (the more popular it becomes, the more people get sponsored and eventually go pro). I am just getting started and will be asking more direct questions later.
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-22-2010, 12:30 PM Reply   
Here are some of the major companies that I know have a team section on their website.

The Walker Project
Crowley
Endless Break
Shred Stixx
Phase 5
XXX
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-22-2010, 2:09 PM Reply   
doh, i forgot Inland Surfer
Old    mobster            02-22-2010, 6:38 PM Reply   
I think you will be surprised of the pay if any is out there, Except for a few of Cross Over Rider's I don't think they will say how little they get paid .Most is free product and not a pay check . We have the MoB team but no one is paid If we can sell more product we can pay the team in the future. Board Company's in the Surf Industry provide board's not cash. The money comes from the clothing company's a little cash from Sun Glass Company's, Shoe Company's ,Wetsuit Company's, Energy Drinks, Photo Incentive, Etc. I think it will be awhile before there is any big money paid out in this sport just due to the age and status of this sport, along with the economy The Big Ticket is the Boat company's If they are selling boats then there is Sponsor money You need to bring something to the table and be marketable
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-22-2010, 6:51 PM Reply   
also mob boards, from rick rock.stretch boards, liquid force, and there is no real money in this sport yet ,its to new,and not to many real companies want to pay people yet.
Old     (sixx352)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-24-2010, 6:59 PM Reply   
I ride for Triple X and basically the pay is the more boards you sell and the more shops you hook up with the boards your travel and entries to comps are all paid for. It doesn't pay but getting travel paid for to comps is sweet especially since I live in Boise and don't get to travel much unless its to So. CAL. You also meet alot of people through wakesurfing and make some good friends. Hopefully it will get bigger I want to try and go to one Europe event this year I heard wakesurfing is big there!