Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (riverside)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-18-2011, 3:33 PM Reply   
how to connect a heater to a Correct Craft Barefoot Nautique 7.4 with a fresh water cooling system?It has 2 thermostats.
Attached Images

Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-18-2011, 4:13 PM Reply   
You wouldn't want to connect the shower to the thermostat on the motor, that would drain all your coolant.

My best guess would be to connect the shower upstream of the external thermostat, so that you would still get hot water even when that thermostat is closed. In fact in the first pic it looks like there are a couple of plugs that would be ideal.

Edit: Sorry I didn't read the question properly. Heater not shower...

A heater would be fine to connect to the closed side (coolant for the motor) since it will be circulated.

Those hex head plugs in your block should be heater hose connections.

Last edited by jtnz; 05-18-2011 at 4:20 PM. Reason: additional text
Old    SamIngram            05-18-2011, 4:15 PM Reply   
Can't you just draw hot water from the bottom of the block? Just use one of the threaded plugs in the block and then back to a downline empty like the exhaust manifold. I have no idea if this is the correct way to do it, but I can't see a downside. I know that you can get pretty good pressure and flow rate using the water from the bottom of the block. You aren't going to drain the block either.