Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dandre227)      Join Date: May 2013       08-12-2013, 8:43 AM Reply   
Does anyone know if Wet Sounds has a bouy ball in the works to compete with Exile's?
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-12-2013, 8:46 AM Reply   
Really?
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-12-2013, 9:41 AM Reply   
Yes... And my inside source says that the mid bass is much warmer sounding
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-12-2013, 9:46 AM Reply   
You can buy the Exile ones or go to Toys R Us and buy them there, but they will have kids cartoon stuff on them. They are just typical bouncy balls for kids. The Exile ones are made of a thicker material though, so I would recommend them. I have not heard of Wet Sounds doing this.
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       08-12-2013, 9:51 AM Reply   
The technology is pretty complicated... I am sure WS R&D team is hard at it though...
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-12-2013, 10:22 AM Reply   
Is there a Kicker version out yet?
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-12-2013, 10:58 AM Reply   
First of all, to the OP - are you serious? If so facepalm. Maybe we can get apple to make an iBuoy?

They are not just bouncy balls. they have a different plug - basically a push pin and they are really soft not a thick plastic like a bouncy ball. I bought a bunch for a recent houseboat trip and really dug them. They deflate easy and take zero room.

for a day or two it was crazy windy on the houseboat trip and I never had to worry about my boat touching the houseboat..

Seriously, though...this is a stupid question. Oh good grief I just saw this is your first post...
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-12-2013, 11:01 AM Reply   
"And my inside source says that the mid bass is much warmer sounding" That is wicked funny. Thanks.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-12-2013, 11:38 AM Reply   
While the Exile is available now, they are advertised with a model number that infers that they are larger diameter than they really are, and independent testing fails to verify the Exile buoy balls power claims, which don't comply with industry standards for stating specs. Lastly, behind that smooth plastic exterior surface they are secretly made with paper on their insides... advanced cellulose-based engineering composite.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-12-2013, 12:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandre227 View Post
Does anyone know if Wet Sounds has a bouy ball in the works to compete with Exile's?
One of these day's were are going to look back and reflect upon the dumbest threads on WW.

This one will be on it - mark my words!!!!!
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-12-2013, 12:22 PM Reply   
This thread is AWESOME!! Way to start bringing the summer to the end.
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       08-12-2013, 12:46 PM Reply   
"It was quite the site at the party cove last weekend... everyone had their WetBalls out..."
Old     (philwsailz)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-12-2013, 1:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
Is there a Kicker version out yet?
Not yet. We are basing our version on the L7 woofer. The goal is to make it square. There is a problem though. Our R&D team is debating whether to put the rope loop on one of the 6 flat faces or one of the 12 edges. It has delayed the project for several months... They are still in debate so don't hold your breath...

Besides, we all grew up playing Kickball on the playground at school as a kid. I am not sure we will be able to trademark the name...

Phil
Kicker
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-12-2013, 1:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy_smith View Post
One of these day's were are going to look back and reflect upon the dumbest threads on WW.

This one will be on it - mark my words!!!!!
I don't know, it's getting to be pretty funny!
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       08-12-2013, 1:10 PM Reply   
I heard that WS is way behind because they decided to pursue the Bluetooth version.. ya know.. WetBlueBalls
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-12-2013, 1:17 PM Reply   
I was told the new WS-Bouy has "surf-gate" functionality that runs on diesel but an all electric version is coming. Malibu has already sued them.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-12-2013, 1:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler97217 View Post
You can buy the Exile ones or go to Toys R Us and buy them there, but they will have kids cartoon stuff on them. They are just typical bouncy balls for kids. The Exile ones are made of a thicker material though, so I would recommend them. I have not heard of Wet Sounds doing this.
Are they really thicker?

Last edited by murphy_smith; 08-12-2013 at 1:24 PM. Reason: better judgement
Old     (dandre227)      Join Date: May 2013       08-12-2013, 1:24 PM Reply   
Not sure why this is such a 'ridiculous' topic. No disrespect to Exile, but for someone with their boat fitted with all Wet Sounds equipment, why is it so crazy to think it makes sense to have Wet Sounds bouy balls if they're going to be available? Simple question....

If not, I'm happy to pick up some Exile Bouy Balls.

Last edited by dandre227; 08-12-2013 at 1:29 PM. Reason: edit
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-12-2013, 1:40 PM Reply   
Dude, it is funny because you are such a wetsounds fanboy. Just say you meant it as a joke, and it will be all of us that look gullible.

Last edited by scottb7; 08-12-2013 at 1:43 PM.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-12-2013, 1:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy_smith View Post
Are they really thicker?
Nice retraction!
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-12-2013, 1:45 PM Reply   
We have been working on the upcoming Big Wet Balls. As you know we always do things bigger. So we must have the biggest balls. But as everything we do, I always seem to over engineer. So right now, our balls are just too big. They don't fit in any locker!

Dandre, don't sweat it. Everyone is just having a little fun. Your question makes perfect sense. And I appreciate it. I love that you would prefer to have Wet Sounds branded. We do not have plans to make any. Sorry.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-12-2013, 1:45 PM Reply   
It's not that it's a ridiculous topic, it's just funny how you said "to compete with Exile's"! Like they are sitting around thinking about how to take down the competition's buoy balls. You could probably buy the Exile ones and use something to remove the logo...
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-12-2013, 1:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetsounds1 View Post
We have been working on the upcoming Big Wet Balls. As you know we always do things bigger. So we must have the biggest balls. But as everything we do, I always seem to over engineer. So right now, our balls are just too big. They don't fit in any locker!

Dandre, don't sweat it. Everyone is just having a little fun. Your question makes perfect sense. And I appreciate it. I love that you would prefer to have Wet Sounds branded. We do not have plans to make any. Sorry.

Tim
Wet Sounds
HAHAHA! Nice response!!!
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       08-12-2013, 1:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
HAHAHA! Nice response!!!
+1... Awesome response!!
Get the guys on it Tim... We will all be lining up to get our hands on your big wet balls
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-12-2013, 1:56 PM Reply   
"We" ??????????? Speak for yourself.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-12-2013, 1:58 PM Reply   
I can't look at this thread without this song popping into my head
http://youtu.be/gJ3tqIukBKg
Old     (dandre227)      Join Date: May 2013       08-12-2013, 2:17 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the replies. I guess I have big balls to fill going forward b/c I don't think i'll ever grab this much attention with future posts. Atleast everyone got some good laughs. Exile balls it is!
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-12-2013, 2:26 PM Reply   
On a more serious note, it's a good idea to fill those balls up in the afternoon rather than with cooler air in the early morning. Why? Because condensation creates issues where the deck hands don't want to handle the.....ah nevermind.
Old     (monsterman)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-12-2013, 2:38 PM Reply   
Monster Balls (coming) soon! Photo shoot is next week will post pics of our balls.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-12-2013, 2:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandre227 View Post
Not sure why this is such a 'ridiculous' topic.
Um how about cause if Exile made wheels would you then assume Wetsounds will make wheels? I may be missing something but don't buoy's and audio have absolutely nothing in common? It is ridiculous to think that just because one audio company has some strange (yet awesome) side product that another audio company would then decide to offer that same strange side product.

Also - asking on a completely non-wetsounds forum makes it more ridiculous. What happened to calling the company and asking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottb7 View Post
"We" ??????????? Speak for yourself.
X2

Attached Images

Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-12-2013, 2:50 PM Reply   
To add to the conversation though...my balls have a lifetimewarranty...
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-12-2013, 2:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimewarranty View Post
Also - asking on a completely non-wetsounds forum makes it more ridiculous. What happened to calling the company and asking?
Is it? The owner of the company replied to his thread within hours of him posting so it doesn't seem that ridiculous!
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-12-2013, 7:16 PM Reply   
I like that a few companies commented. It's always good to see them involved, no matter how crazy the idea.
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-13-2013, 10:45 AM Reply   
This is a pretty funny funny thread... Just got off the plane. Sorry to be late to the party.

I dont know If I'd run big wet balls on a boat. sounds like a bad idea... The exile balls are CEA-2031 rated, can be used a "Darwin" approved floatation device and even work good to watch kids bounce right off the swim deck. They seem to work pretty dang good on boats no matter what the brand.

I handed out about 50 or so at this tie up in Texas this weekend. They rocked! Happy owners all around. (well until the police showed up because the music was too loud).

Old     (axxxiswake)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-13-2013, 11:13 AM Reply   
What about Schweddy Balls? Is it Christmas time yet?
Old     (joebob)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-13-2013, 11:16 AM Reply   
Nothing like a good pic of a girl blowing on ahhhh NM. Look's like a good time, no matter what kind of balls you got your mouth on.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-13-2013, 11:18 AM Reply   
Texas what a beautiful state and all those big black exile balls tying everyone up!!! Love the all white XM9s!!!!
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-13-2013, 12:06 PM Reply   
Now that's just funny stuff right there!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-13-2013, 12:47 PM Reply   
Funny Tamp

I was just gonna ask if Exile offered white pods now. Because those are sick.

Brian PM sent.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-15-2013, 2:25 PM Reply   
finally got our exile balls at TX moomba jam #3!
now we just need there speakers!