Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (b20forlife)      Join Date: Jul 2015       07-15-2015, 2:02 PM Reply   
Hi everyone. I'm new here but been doing some research for my audio setup. I think I might have messed up. So here is the deal. I bought 2 wetsounds xs12 subwoofers. They are 500w rms. and I bought 2 sealed sub boxes. Now I calculated the boxes and they are 1.3 air space and wetsounds recommends 1.1. Are they not going to sound good in those boxes? Also I was on a budget so bought the best amp I could. I bought a Rockford fosgate r1200-1d. I bought the Amp first thinking I could wire the subs down to 1ohm. I just found out my subs are svc and will only do 2ohms together. So that means 900w rms. so will I be under powering my subs? Or will my setup still sound good? I'm stressing that I bought all this stuff that might not work together well.
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-16-2015, 7:16 AM Reply   
You can screw a piece of wood to the inside of each box to bring the internal volume down to 1.1. There are a bunch of cubic foot calculators on the internet that you can use to determine the proper size of the wood. The subs would have more punch with the full 500 watts, but my guess is you'll definitely know they're there with 400.

Is the area you're installing the boxes relatively dry? In my experience, the MDF that's used in most aftermarket boxes doesn't do well with a bunch of moisture.