Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (RideClaytorVT)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-15-2015, 8:10 AM Reply   
Any Tige RZ riders out there!?

I've been riding behind my family's 2010 Tige RZ4 for some time now and really haven't been able to fully dial in the wake....

What I've observed:

Fully weighted with the stock ballast ( 2 x 500 Front & 2 x 600 Rear = 2200 lbs) and taps around 5-6 the wake seems a little lippy at 75 ft back @ 24 mph.

Sometimes I'll take out a little weight or ride faster.

If you ride or have ridden a tige RZ4 or tige RZ series for that matter, let me know what your secret is for dialing in the wake!

I have two 400 lb sacks and a 250 lb sack I could use also.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

P.S. I've ridden the 2015 Mastercraft X-Star fully weighted and G23 fully weighted in a few contests. No way will I be able to replicate those amazing wakes! But I'm looking to do the best I can with what I get to ride behind!
Old     (RideClaytorVT)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-16-2015, 10:53 AM Reply   
Anyone? Any of the tige team riders?

Ferris Bueller.....Bueller.......Bueller..........
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       06-17-2015, 6:19 AM Reply   
If it's lippy, add weight to the nose or dial taps back... With the sacs you have, I would put the 400 and 250 in front, and the other 400 on the floor in front of the back seat. That'll give you 3250 - that's a lot of weight.

How many people do you typically ride with?
Old     (RideClaytorVT)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-17-2015, 6:33 AM Reply   
Thanks wakebordr11 ! I will try that. Typically it is anywhere from myself and two other people to myself and 6+ others in the boat. I will add more weight to the front and see if that helps
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-17-2015, 8:17 PM Reply   
Weight in the front and Taps at 3 or 4 will give you the best wake shape.60% front and 40% rear is the best ratio for Tige. Taps at 3 to 3.5 is what most riders like best.