Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (TWCA21Wake)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-04-2015, 5:27 PM Reply   
Looking for any tips from some of y'all to get more pop and spotting the landing on my tantrum. Been trying for a while now and starting to make me mad Im 6'1 220 and riding behind a a20 with 5 guys in this video. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et6b...ature=youtu.be
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-04-2015, 6:17 PM Reply   
Your edging could use a change up.

Roll onto edge to avoid slack, quickly get on and near the trough of the wake ease off, and by the top of the wake you should be off your edge. Your hips and shoulders should be parallel to the boat / wake.
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-04-2015, 6:26 PM Reply   
Kyle, nice work! just a few tips:

1. maybe try and shorten your line up a bit, you are just coming up short.
2. also think about throwing your chest to the sky (hit the wake look at the sky to go straight up for a minute then look behind you, itll take you more up and down and more controlled) instead of out of the back right off. If you go up and then throw your knees to your chest it will help you control your rotation better
3. make sure that you are looking directly behind you and not with your head to the side, i see people try that out of fear all the time and it hurts your rotation.

once again, congrats on being close, now go out and stomp that thing bro!
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-05-2015, 6:13 AM Reply   
*Keep your eyes open too!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-05-2015, 7:04 AM Reply   
Just clear the wake and you're fine. Hard to tell from that wide angle but your line looks very long.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-05-2015, 7:25 AM Reply   
Looks like you're rushing your edge to the wake. Let the boat help. Cut out,then settle off edge till the boat starts to pull you back in. You will have better line tension if you approach this way. It will help with speed and pop.
Old     (TWCA21Wake)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-05-2015, 12:09 PM Reply   
Alright y'all, Im going back out saturday behind my 03 lsv and determined to stomp it. Yea i was riding at 75ft in this video but normally ride at 70ft. Hopefully ill put a video of me landing it after this weekend
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-05-2015, 4:44 PM Reply   
Try 65' to start,then let it out once you start landing in the flats.
Old     (ZHadley)      Join Date: Feb 2015       05-12-2015, 3:08 PM Reply   
The video shows you are really close. I also agree that shortening the line may help but the main problem I see is you need to wait longer. You are "throwing from the trough" if that makes sense. If you can just make yourself wait till you are at the top of the wake you will get much more pop and easily clear the wake. Also you will have more time to spot the landing. Good luck!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-13-2015, 7:46 AM Reply   
I think that you just need a wider approach. This will generate more speed at the wake, make you trip the board harder and hence boost you over that second wake. I I would say keep the rope long, people are always so quick to say shorten the rope if you can' clear the wake. When in reality you want to ride a longer rope all the time with a faster boat speed. Here;s why....I see to many riders out there every day riding short rope. There are loads of tricks in wakeboarding that require lots of speed at the wake but an upright body position. Think about a HS backside 5 as an example or backside 3 for that matter, you have to stand tall for this trick to get the right pop and the correct body position, not to mention to ensure you dont have to much rope tension. Riding a shorter rope with a shorter approach you have to cut much harder to generate speed at the wake, your approach is shorter so you have less time to get your body in the right position for the correct pop.

just my two cents.